Nothing special, just some of the same mods done

ADL

Established Member
Hello,
I have a 2010 GT500 and recently me and my best old buddy put a VMP TVS on the car along with idler, colder plugs, and 56# injectors. That made a BIG difference in my "seat of the pants" dyno. When I first got on it after the install it actually scared me.

Just added ARH longtube headers, JLT cold air, AFCO heat exchanger w/fans, and AEM gauge. Horsepower Solutions in Newport News VA did the installs and dyno tune. I asked for "safe" tune/horsepower. It put down 609hp. The car runs really nice and smooth. But when I get on it a little, it goes, big time. Also, the sound from the longtubes is awesome. I've done a couple of 4th gear hits on the highway and that son of a gun moves out.

I don't really have a "plan" (or money) for any more upgrades. I just read about what many folks here do for mods. I've talked with Josh about maybe doing some pulley swaps, fuel system mods, suspension, tires, etc. but for now I'm working on learning how to handle this car as it is and having a LOT of fun.

Many thanks to BJ at VMP and Josh at Horsepower Solutions. And many thanks for all the info/experience you all provide.

ADL

Established Member
Hello, I know this sounds bad, but I don't know what gears. I guess the stock 2010 GT500. Also, it was on a "dynojet"? Thanks

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
What size pulley did you put on? Now your weakest link would be your stock throttle body. Could be why your numbers are low but not that low.

Very nice mods so far. Once you get used to the power. You will be hunting for more . It's Never ending.

Get some Lower Control Arms to help with wheel hop. These will help get that power to the ground

ADL

Established Member
I really wanted to be conservative. I went with a 2.6 pulley and idler only. You are saying exactly what me and Josh were talking about for power mods later down the road. Throttle body, fuel pump voltage booster, 10% lower pulley. Honestly, I can't see myself doing any more than that for power. Also, like you commented, some suspension is needed and will be what I will spend money on next. Thanks for your comments!

Users who are viewing this thread