Notch coyote turbo swap

Notfast2012

Established Member
Hey guys I am very familiar with the 2011+ mustangs. That being said this is my first fox. This is going to be fully built shortblock with a custom turbo setup. I am using a mt82 not the ideal trans but its mainly a street car. My question is which driveshaft to go with mt82 trans in a fox? I will try and provide updates as the build progresses. Engine is almost complete. Thank you for any help!

RFM50

Established Member
Sorry can't help you on which driveshaft but you should build the mt82 while it's out. I have heard they can be pretty stout once upgraded.

Notfast2012

Established Member
Minor set back. Starting tearing into the car and found more rust than I expected. Lol so i had to find a new car for my coyote swap. Then found the stock block was needing to be re sleeved. So I just got in a brand new block from ford. The new donor car is rust free! Spoke with hellion and going to order all the turbo goodies tomorrow. Jeff is very helpful in helping me pick the right parts. I am thinking about using jpc turbo cams as well. I am having custom headers made in about a month once I get the engine in the car. Any recommendations on a color for a fox coupe?

Notfast2012

Established Member
Update on the build. Well started the engine build since I got a new ford block in. And well 5.4 rods were sent to me by mistake. This is going to delay progress a few weeks. On a positive note the mt82 will fit! The shifter sits about 3" back from the normal opening. Also a stock length coyote driveshaft will work. I am going to have to run manual brake setup do to clearance issue with the stock brake system. K-member went right in, so did the radiator. I was lucky to find such a clean fox with some suspension upgrades already made. I am going to use a mccloud rxt and aluminum flywheel. I also went with jpc "thanks Eric" for their turbo setup besides the piping. Hopefully within the next week or so I should see the turbo! While I am waiting on the rods I am going to work on the fuel system and interior. I am thinking color either white, sonic blue, black, or competition Orange.

Notfast2012

Established Member
It's a highflow fuel system. It's made for a coyote fox swap. I am also using id1000 injectors. The fuel system will be maxed out around 750rwhp which at that point I can always go with a larger fuel pump.

Notfast2012

Established Member
Update on build. It's been a long road to say the least. But after a few months I got the headers. with a little luck the car should be completely finished in a month or two. If I had to do it over again. I would've bought a used coyote engine and probably just put a blower on it. All the small little parts add up to a lot of money lol. I am still trying to decide on a color. And also which seats to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread