Not your standard OEM clutch thread...

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I have noticed since hitting 11,000 miles that the clutch feels almost like "normal" now. I can easily leave from idle with very little gas and no chatter or shudder at all. Obviously, I have learned to drive this clutch, but I feel it has finally been "broken-in" completely.

Has anyone else noticed something similar?

69b302

Established Member
Yes, my clutch also got very smooth around 11-12k. The only problem is it starting slipping at 13k. I am in the processs of installing the Spec P-trim right now. Hopefully your will runs smooth longer.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Im at 12,500 and ever since about 5,000 I have been able to leave from idle with little gas, I have nearly no chatter above 1100rpm. The only thing that slips for me is the tires. the clutch pedal has kept its factory firmness. I do worry about something going wrong but so far for me the trans has been awesome.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Im at 12,500 and ever since about 5,000 I have been able to leave from idle with little gas, I have nearly no chatter above 1100rpm. The only thing that slips for me is the tires. the clutch pedal has kept its factory firmness. I do worry about something going wrong but so far for me the trans has been awesome.

OK, so I am not the only one! Yeah, 1,100 rpm seems to be the sweet spot. The tricky part is not over-revving due to the very touchy throttle!

Since new I have always felt 1st was a little difficult to engage, not really bad, but more effort than I like. How about yours?

It now feels like a normal organic clutch (almost). I keep a close eye on any changes and cannot perceive any creeping or hissing with the clutch disengaged. It still has the same engagement point, it is just not as grabby.

Mine did, in fact, start improving around 5000 miles and has just continued to get better. Hopefully, there is no slippage in my immediate future. But if there is, and the flywheel is warped, I will be expecting the TSB at no cost. I have never worn out a clutch in my life. I even sold a car with the oem clutch and 144,000 miles once! But, if Ford won't play ball then I will go aftermarket too.

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Yes, my clutch also got very smooth around 11-12k. The only problem is it starting slipping at 13k. I am in the processs of installing the Spec P-trim right now. Hopefully your will runs smooth longer.

Had yours seen hard use? DRs, track use, powershifting, etc?

Or any of the TSB symptoms like hissing while disengaged or creeping and difficult gear engagement.

Last edited:

69b302

Established Member
Had yours seen hard use? DRs, track use, powershifting, etc?

Or any of the TSB symptoms like hissing while disengaged or creeping and difficult gear engagement.

Yes, my car has seen lots of track use(DR), but no power shifting. Car also has lots of power upgrades. Car did not have any clutch dragging issues, per TSB, but strarted slipping in the upper gears under heavy power. I did not pursue the TSB, since for my use the stock clutch would not be the best choice. NHRA also wants a SFI clutch for 11.49 or faster, so an aftermarket made more sense.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Yes, my car has seen lots of track use(DR), but no power shifting. Car also has lots of power upgrades. Car did not have any clutch dragging issues, per TSB, but strarted slipping in the upper gears under heavy power. I did not pursue the TSB, since for my use the stock clutch would not be the best choice. NHRA also wants a SFI clutch for 11.49 or faster, so an aftermarket made more sense.

Sounds like you wore yours out righteously!:rockon:

frydguy79

Established Member
wow thats awsome,, i have not had a stock clutch go for more than 2500
miles:shrug:
i am on #4 and next one will be something else

69b302

Established Member
Don't you mean an SFI rated steel bellhousing is required for a stick car?? :??:

Yes, NHRA also wants an SFI rated bell housing, in additon to the clutch, for 11.49 and faster. There are no easy options for an SFI bellhousing on the TR6060, unless you have other information?

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Yes, NHRA also wants an SFI rated bell housing, in additon to the clutch, for 11.49 and faster. There are no easy options for an SFI bellhousing on the TR6060, unless you have other information?

If you are serious about having a SFI bellhousing on your TR6060 tranny, give G-Force Transmissions a call--717-202-8367. Ask for Bubba

Users who are viewing this thread