Not what I expected !!!

SaleenTom

Established Member
:bash:Yesterday I installed a Steeda CIA on my 2013 Boss and also added the Steeda tune to go with it ! Today I put factory CIA back on and reinstalled the factory tune. I was not impressed at all with the performance of the package, and felt that the factory Track Key tune makes the car much more fun to drive !!!! If you know anyone looking for Steeda CIA....... send them my way.

LindsayEOD

Established Member
I agree. Their CAI is top notch and the lopey idle tune is amazing sounding but there are other tuners that can give better performance.

65sohc

Established Member
This is really good to know. I just got my car today. My two previous Mustangs, an '06 GT and '09 GT500 were transformed by tunes: Bama on the GT and VMP on the Shelby. The Boss has that same soft, "emission-controlled" feel in the response at part throttle that I'm sure could be remedied by a good tune. Anyone had success? I deferred the decision on the Track Key until there is a stronger consensus on it vs. aftermarket.

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Good to know!! I have a 13 with the track key and love it. The car is tons of fun. Have any of you noticed that with the track key the gas mileage goes down a good amount??

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Good to know!! I have a 13 with the track key and love it. The car is tons of fun. Have any of you noticed that with the track key the gas mileage goes down a good amount??

I just did a 420 miles each way trip to Carlisle, PA, last weekend for the Ford show.

On the way down, I used the black key, on the way home, I used the red key.

75 mph, AC on, keeping up with traffic.

Got 23 mpg each way.

65sohc

Established Member
I just did a 420 miles each way trip to Carlisle, PA, last weekend for the Ford show.

On the way down, I used the black key, on the way home, I used the red key.

75 mph, AC on, keeping up with traffic.

Got 23 mpg each way.

I wouldn't expect any difference during mainly highway driving but I can see how running it through the gears in town could cause a drop since each acceleration is more aggressive. The Track Key is similar to my son's STi ECU controller except that one you can change on the fly. Intelligent mode saves gas by dialing back the boost and throttle response. At the other extreme is Sport Sharp which makes it super-responsive and peaky, almost too much for daily driving.

Users who are viewing this thread