Not the typical ticking cobra thread...

theunseenclass

Get that shit outa here
Established Member
Hey guys Ive been battling this ticking sound for about a year now and I think its time for some advice since I just cant seem to figure it out. The background is I was at the track and made a pass and pulled back in the pits only to hear what sounded like a lash adjuster tick. So I said F it and made 2 more passes with the identical mph as beforehand so evidently it wasn't affecting the power. It sounded like it was comming from cyl 2 so i replaced all the LA's in the pass head.. of course it did nothing. Next I replaced all the rockers and that did nothing either so I said to myself, whelppp might be a valve guide so I started the tear down.

Had bronze guides put in both heads and had a valvejob done(Stock guides were shot btw at 45k miles). Put it back together and yayy the same sound. Now Im getting frustrated. Next for shits and gigs I replaced my timing chain tensioners with the metal ones and same old sound still remained. It definetly sounds metalicky and in the heads.

This next part is what got me confused.. I ohmed all the coils and pulled them one at a time and the noise remained, so I did the same with the injector clips and it remained the same except for #2! The noise actually gets louder, ONLY when the #2 inj clip is removed. I really dont know what that means or where to go from here as I covered alot of the bases already. Any input or info on what that could mean would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread