Not sure which class I want to run at FFW

Venom351R

Established Member
I decided to give up the car show stuff and concentrate more on drag racing which involved much of the parts Ive bought for the car this past winter/spring as it now sits in the shop getting the install done.

Realisticlly I should be running mid to low 12's I don't expect 11's unless this combo really wakes my motor up. The thing is I want to run at FFW this Aug but Ive never done this before as in competition just doing test and and street nights. My car should have anywhere from 370-390 RWHP and I'll be running MT DR's. According to this link which class would I best fit in?

http://www.funfordevents.com/index....chedule&refno=2130&submenu=Events&pos=0,20,10

Last edited:

Venom351R

Established Member
yeah it would have to be bracket racing. I dont think I could take the top in any class.

Whats the difference between SF and QF?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
yeah it would have to be bracket racing. I dont think I could take the top in any class.

Whats the difference between SF and QF?

SF- Street ford must be on DOT tires (DRs are the stickiest you can run.)

QF- Quick ford can be on non DOT tires

There are a lot of guys in QF who do this often and the competition is tough.
SF will be almost like your normal bracket race at a local track with guys who don't do it as often.

Venom351R

Established Member
Guess I'll run Street Ford then. I can run very consistent times when the car is running right. After my dyno tune I should be able to dial it in pretty well. Thanks for your help

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
ya had better be consistant trav...remember how i had i the faster car yet go spanked because my R/T sucked that one year at the tasca event lol

Low Low R/Ts and being VERY consistant are the keys to doing well

I think Street Ford would be a good chance

Venom351R

Established Member
Cant remember if I was there the year you ran or not. Dont think I was Ive never been to Tasca but Im going this year regardless. The only thing that sucks is if I get the car back in time for a trip to Epping this friday its not much time left until FFW and Im going to have a different combo from before so it might take awhile to get the consistency down again.

Users who are viewing this thread