Not sure if I got ripped off on optics for my AR

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
I went to a local shop today looking for a quad rail and ammo for my AR. I mentioned optics since mine is a flat top. I mentioned how costly eotech/trij/aimpoint optics are and he said he had a scope for $150. It's a red/green crosshair sight. Red magnifies to 4x and green to 3x. Also has adjustments for elevation and windage. The price was right so I picked it up.

When I got home I did some research on it and every retailer that sold it was an airsoft retailer. The same goes for the quad rail I picked up.

Like I said, both pieces aren't cheap plastic junk, they're very high quality so I'm not sure if this is something I should be worried about or is this more common than I realize?

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
They sale those at every gun show. I've never dealt with one other than farting around with it at the show. As long as the reticle holds true that's all that matters.

Alot of the sights for airsoft rifles can't take the beating that larger rounds put them through.

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
I think you got jipped on the scope but the rail you should be ok with...

The scopes aren't designed to take the beating from actual live fire ammunition and most have a larger 'click' to compensate for the airsoft accuracy.

The rail however was probably made by a high quality manufacturer that also produces real steel variants. Personally I have an Armalite quad rail on two of my airsoft guns that fit real steel guns as well.

Dude - if you fail to do your research before you purchase something, you deserve to get ripped off.

Order from the internet, where can actually price shop on the same model through various websites.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
Since you do not trust the internet for purchases....

Find an Ohio/Cleveland gun forum. Ask around or search for good dealers in your area. Most forums have classifieds too so you can get good used parts from good people.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
sounds like a INTELLEGENT statement to me.

if im in the market to buy,i ALWAYS research first,ask someone who actually has whatever im looking for, then buy last.:beer:

It depends on the context he used it in. I'm not gonna research EVERYTHING I buy. That's ignorant. If you're buying something that helps or hinders the performance of something, then I agree. But that's a small percentage of what people spend their money on. Are you going to research the clothes you buy? What about your groceries? Maybe I should have done some reading first but what is this world coming to when I can't trust anyone and have to cross reference everything everyone says to me, especially in a gun store where there's supposed to be a common passion for firearms?

Is the economy ****ed to the point that everyone's gonna sell you bullshit just to make a living?

Users who are viewing this thread