Not so good day at the dyno

fordracing19

Established Member
I will let my brother post more when he gets home since it is his car.

He had a problem with his fuel pump at first. They got that corrected.

With 93 gas HPP could not get the car to quit detonating. They did not try race gas but he left with 5* timing. They think his compression is too high. Could just be too much boost. I dunno. Couldnt get over 4k rpms and he was unsure of the boost at that rpm. Wish I knew what it was. Guess we will try another tuner or just go to a bigger pulley. He drives 450 miles a week or so. Heres the combo.

00 gt
Built 4.6 2v (9:1) confimed tonight by Todd Wynne that built the car
Fox Lake ported heads
D1sc 3.0rr pulley and 8 ribs
Power pipe
Single Ford GT fuel pump W/Boost-A-Pump
Sct Big Air 2800
60# injectors
sct chip
Mac long tubes
Dr gas o/r X
Magna Flow cat back

iceman1234t

Got balls ???
Established Member
Check the plugs. Try to gap them differently or try a different plug. Also check the fuel pump. He may need to updrade due to the boost level that he is pushing.

FastFord19

Established Member
He forgot to mention that they did put in new plugs while on the dyno. And they said fuel was not a problem after they fixed the fuel pump the first time.

tpapenberg

Established Member
logs

I would think you could run ALOT higher degree timing then that on pump gas and the hottest plugs on the market.....

If the tuner had logs then look them over.. Check the following if logged: MAF counts, Battery(Vpwr), Fuel Pressure, RPM, load, PSI. If you tried to tune the car without loggin all that then it is pretty risky as is.

If all seems good with the logs then all I can say is try higher octane and a colder plug. (2 steps below stock) to see if it has an affect. I would log everything you can to get to the bottom of this and buy gauges if your tuner does not have any... ITs just not worth an engine rebuild.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread