Not running on all 8?

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
Well my cobra sounds like its cammed.... spoiler its not. First thing that came to mind is maybe I'm only running on 7. I have been having random electrical problems so that might be a factor. Any advice?

97RioRedSnake

SVT
Established Member
What kind of electrical problems are you having? Does the car have trouble starting or just runs rough at idle/part throttle?

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
What kind of electrical problems are you having? Does the car have trouble starting or just runs rough at idle/part throttle?

It's hard to answer that question because my car is in the middle of being race wired. I've been pulling everything that it doesn't need to run so basically the only wires inside the car are power to the PCM, power to the fuel pump, power to the coils and starter, and lastly the OBDII is still wired. Also it use to be a DD and now its a race car that sits most the year so things may finally be breaking from non use.

I'm not throwing any codes (idk if a cylinder not firing would throw one). It really just comes down to me freaking out because It sounds different and I've been yanking things. My plans thus far to address the problem are doing a compression test and putting in new plugs, then doing a full COP conversion while I'm at it (I've always wanted to this this is a good excuse to spend money). That should give me an idea of the internal strength of the motor and fix any plug, wire, or coil pack issues. If it persist I could use a tune anyway so maybe that will fix it.

Last edited:

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
Forgot to add my car has been killing batteries so I'm about to do a battery relocation and do all new cables. Would a poor battery connection possible cause irregular idle?

Users who are viewing this thread