Not related read at own risk

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Okay so the new magazine drops and I read it a few weeks ago. I think it is either Automobile or Motor Trend. The front cover states 39 most anticipated automobiles in 2012. Anyway at work today the magazine finally makes it into the office for argument.

Has you would have guessed everyone is frantic about the new Camaro lol. So after reading about how the LS7 will make it in the L1 or whatever its called. The bowtie guys start the great comparison on how Ford days are numbered and thats all that was ever needed to be done.

Not to mention that the LS3 Supercharged is going to take the Shelby out. Yep Slomaro owners are riding high. Then a small fact was pointed out and silence went acroos the room. If you read the article for what it's worth. It talks about the changes for Slomaro but it really praises Ford lol. Priceless

A article written to bring attention to the Chevy but it mainly shows how Ford has totally dominated the Bowtie scene and what chevy is trying to do to catch up. Even at the end of the article they still don't believe they new projects will get the job done or have an idea of what this junk is going to cost. The vette is very impressive machine ( I love mine) but it is not dominating the Shelby because of brute strength. It is packaged better.

Just because you take the LS7 and drop it in a Camaro chasis doesnt mean that it is going to go out and crush the Shelby lol. Now we will see how it deals with a chasis just as heavy as the Shelby. Can't wait to see the supercharged version and how the engines take the extra boost or larger blowers that are to be placed on it. Sad day when an article about the Bowtie praises Ford. They just received all kinds of free publicity at GM's debut lol.

Was bored so thought that I would just share office banter nothing else going on these days in threads. Oh there are a lot of nice cars coming out by the way but the Slomaro doesn't seem to stack up just yet.:banana:

Fastfords

Established Member
I lurk on the Camaro5 site and have not seen anything about the LS7 being put in the Camaro? If you are referring to the ZL1, it will have the supercharged 6.2 from the CTS-V cadillac, not the LS7. Competition makes all products better in the end.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I was just at a charity show on Sunday. And no matter how I tried. I couldn't look at those camaro more than 5 seconds. Even my 8 yr old said lets keep looking at the other cars (all makes) all though he does dig the bumblebee yellow.....lol

nice of GM to give free publicity to Ford:beer:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Will post the link to the magazine. Yeah they are taking the LS7(Z06 engine) putting in the camaro to compete with the 5.0 naturally aspirated for naturally aspirated engine. Will get the info up. Really good reading about all the new changes for the new cars.

Users who are viewing this thread