Not really a race, but...

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
A long while back, I posted a thread about racing a stock '09 GT500 in my nearly stock '03 Cobra. The end result was that after three pulls from about a 60 roll, he pulled away, but not like I thought he would have. Replies to the thread stated that if I had installed the ported/pullied blower that I had been waiting to install, the outcome would have been different.

Fastforward to yesterday morning...I was on my way to work a lot later than normal and saw what appeared to be an '07-'09 GT500 ass about a half mile ahead. I eventually caught up to the point where he could see me in his rearview, but was never able to pull alongside. This dipshit soccer mom in the lefthand lane on her cellphone was pacing the car in the righthand lane going at or under the speed limit, which was making me and the GT500 driver go apeshit. She finally got way over-involved in her phone conversation and started speeding up, which gave both of us the opportunity to make a break for it on the right and then quickly switch back over to the open left lane. I was waiting to see what he would do and he rolled on the throttle so I put it in 3rd and punched it. I stayed on his ass and shifted to 4th, but had to peddle it to keep from running into him. He either got out of it or I am just a lot quicker now than I thought I was....?

Heavier car, plus less or similar horsepower= win for me? Thoughts?

GT500 mods: Unknown other than a good detail job...

Terminator mods: Stage 5 Blower, 2.76" upper, suspension, intake, exhaust, tune...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread