not my STi killed a ball-less GOAT!

thenoz

SHUT THE F*CK UP CHARLES
Established Member
RealQuick said:
SVT slapped a blower on to up the performance to help negate some of the weight.
ya and it "negated" it into the mid-high 12's stock. :banana:

Mrh00nel2

US Marine
Established Member
Cahill00SS said:
the '04 GTO will walk a STi from a roll, with ease, '05 will spank it

its all on the driver.. my friend with an 05 sti walked a 05 gto. (stock to stock)

some people can drive there stock sti to 12.8 stock.. and some cant drive worth shit and go like 13.4 (pathetic)

just as some can probably drive their gto, cobra, or whatever faster than what someone has seen on a track.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Just FYI...there have indeed been a few 04 GTOs that have gone 13.1 bone stock. I personally witnessed one go 13.25 bone stock at MIR last November. Though this is the exception, it is possible.

jstevens

Established Member
heck, we even had a member of our local club toast a GTO on Woodward the other night.

Most of the drivers don't know how to drive, I saw one at Milan Dragway get ripped by a older mustang.

GotGrunt

Established Member
Bob Cosby said:
Just FYI...there have indeed been a few 04 GTOs that have gone 13.1 bone stock. I personally witnessed one go 13.25 bone stock at MIR last November. Though this is the exception, it is possible.
Bob, you must have been driving :rockon:

04SVTSTNG

Established Member
"Stock STI 12.8". Do not know about that. Kind of absurd statement, 300 HP car straight from the manufacturer going 12.8? That is like me saying my stock 2004 Cobra is running 11's. My Saleen E has only ran a best of a 12.5 and it is a 60,000 car. If a stock STI can run a 12.8 it will have my apology. Someone just posted that a 13.5 is slow, any 13.5 second car is damn quick in my opinion

Mrh00nel2

US Marine
Established Member
why cant people believe a stock sti ran 12.8? because car and driver or sport compact car got like a 13.1?

jon boyd at mir at budds creek. ran a 12.8 stock sti

granted it took him a few tries to figure it out, the perfect launch and best spot to shift.

he did go 13.3 and a 13.2 then figured it out and ran a constant 12.9x. best time was 12.8x

now he has full exhaust,TSX shorty intake, utec with a street and race gas map.

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
Mrh00nel2 said:
why cant people believe a stock sti ran 12.8? because car and driver or sport compact car got like a 13.1?

jon boyd at mir at budds creek. ran a 12.8 stock sti

granted it took him a few tries to figure it out, the perfect launch and best spot to shift.

he did go 13.3 and a 13.2 then figured it out and ran a constant 12.9x. best time was 12.8x

now he has full exhaust,TSX shorty intake, utec with a street and race gas map.

who is this guy?

what was his 60?what do STIs dyno at?

i see many claims of ETs on the net with no proof thats why im asking.

Mrh00nel2

US Marine
Established Member
ULTIMATE ORANGE SS said:
who is this guy?.

dont worry about me, who are you?

what was his 60?what do STIs dyno at?

hell i dont remember it was last year. maybe 1.7

i see many claims of ETs on the net with no proof thats why im asking

granted you see many clams of many cars doing stuff that you might not believe doesnt mean someone hasnt done it. see if i cant help you out.

go to scoobymile.com some have pics of times and few have vids. of peoples ET some fast, some slow. check it out.

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
Mrh00nel2 said:
dont worry about me, who are you?

:haha: i meant who was that guy driving this supposed 12 sec unmodded STI.

hell i dont remember it was last year. maybe 1.7

granted you see many clams of many cars doing stuff that you might not believe doesnt mean someone hasnt done it. see if i cant help you out.

go to scoobymile.com some have pics of times and few have vids. of peoples ET some fast, some slow. check it out.

ill take a look.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
A coworker has a hmmm I think 69 gto judge 400 ci 3.55's 4 speed, very nice restoration. I've ran him 3 times stop and roll @ 25 mph. I beat him bad. It doesn't have the round port heads but has a decent cam and some headers. I also ran a non-descript red 04 gto 3 times stop and roll. Sorry to say it was faster than that 69 especially on a roll. People yak about old musclecars this and that, I have yet to be beat up by one in the 03. Have one myself and had a few others. Sure put on new design alum heads, roller cam, a single plane intake, auto, h/s, n2o, drs, different story, we never had that stuff then for the street. Sure the new gto could look better imo but better than nothing for the gm guys. Besides I like racing against something beside stangs all the time. You never know what those damn stang guys have done, cheaters. Same with the turbo guys. :whine: :lol:

04SVTSTNG

Established Member
What magazine shows a 13.1 for a STI? Best I HAVE READ WAS 13.3. AND THAT WAS WRITTEN IN CAR AND DRIVER BY AN EDITOR WHO ACTUALLY OWNS ONE AND IS BIASED WHEN IT COMES TO THE STI AND EVO'S. Car and Driver wrote a Cobra will do a 5.2 0-60 and an STI will do a 4.6. That magazine is biased towards Domestic Muscle Cars and it is quite clearly that he clearly sabotages the numbers for the STI so it will look good. 300 HP in a 3,300+pound STI does not +12.8. It is basic physics.

Users who are viewing this thread