not much longer

SvtSmitty

Established Member
Cant wait just finished paying for my bigbore shortblock done by modular performance.............its getting shipped tommorow and ups guy came today with my centerforce dfx clutch, fidanza alumium flywheel, fr500 heads and high lift cam kit, meizer electric water pump, arp head studs, arp cam bolts, arp crankshaft bolt
I drop off my heads to the machine shop monday morning for machining and assembly and i pick up my timing cover, upper intake lid, and valve covers from my powdercoating friend next friday
this project of mine has been in the works for the last 10 weeks and its actually flown by ...lol probaly because i bought a harley to get me through the rest of the summer when my motor blew.Hopefully ill get it together and get some break in time before it snows and gets put away for our new england winter
I'll post some pics of what i got this weekend when i get a chance

blacksnake305

Established Member
SvtSmitty said:
i'm hoping for 400 before i install the juice

you'll see 400 for sure. and i dont want to throw a wrench in your plan, but IMHO, i'd lose the ARP head studs. I've owned a big bore for 4 years now. Cometic BB gaskets have a tendancy to 'float'. Call VT engines, they will tell you that if your using cometic and arp, at the very least you'll have to run the engine warm and RETORQUE the heads to properly seat the gaskets.
This spring, I lost a gasket on a drive to work. Use OEM tork to yield bolts and copper spray your gaskets. the TQ to yield actuall 'PULL' on the head (downwards). they are underrated...
use your ARP hardware everywhere else...

SvtSmitty

Established Member
blacksnake305 said:
you'll see 400 for sure. and i dont want to throw a wrench in your plan, but IMHO, i'd lose the ARP head studs. I've owned a big bore for 4 years now. Cometic BB gaskets have a tendancy to 'float'. Call VT engines, they will tell you that if your using cometic and arp, at the very least you'll have to run the engine warm and RETORQUE the heads to properly seat the gaskets.
This spring, I lost a gasket on a drive to work. Use OEM tork to yield bolts and copper spray your gaskets. the TQ to yield actuall 'PULL' on the head (downwards). they are underrated...
use your ARP hardware everywhere else...

hmmm............................ thanks for the info

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
man, this is cool! i'm very interested to hear how this all turns out for ya! this may be a dumb question, but how many cubic inches is the bigbore?

Last edited:

SvtSmitty

Established Member
SPXTrader said:
You'll love it! I had a '92...rode it to Sturgis from VA (trailered it back - HA!)...damn, what a long trip!

o i know.............. ive had it for 8 weeks and already got 6300 miles on her

Users who are viewing this thread