Not having kids?

2013GT'ed

Established Member
Ha, another reason to not have kids. You do not wanna know what I'm looking at for daycare for a infant and a 3 year for all of next year...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

Your comment about possessions is spot on- while I love modding my cars, motorcycles, mountain bikes, road bikes, etc. I just do not get the same sense of satisfaction I used to get from that. It really is just stuff, and no matter what I will always want stuff, especially super cool stuff- but at the end of the day, there is only so much satisfaction that comes along with it. Maybe if I had someone else to share things and experiences with then life would look differently and that could be utterly amazing- ...

Having "stuff" means nothing, if you don't have someone to share it with.

I see a trend in people with above average IQs choosing not to have kids early in life, or at all, because of financial reasons or because of all the shit going on in the world today.

And business as usual with the poor and uneducated popping out 5 or 10 kids. We are going to breed ourselves into a real life "Idiocracy" movie.

All that "above average IQ", yet they can't process that their choice to not have kids is the reason their birthrates are on the decline and that when they're old, they're going to be as big or a bigger burden on society than the "poor and uneducated" people pumping out kids who might possibly take care of said "poor and uneducated" parents when they get old. Also, the number of "poor and uneducated" people pumping out 5 or 10 kids these days is practically unheard of, except for at certain kinds of websites and groups where the people in attendance need to believe such nonsense to feel better about themselves.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Having "stuff" means nothing, if you don't have someone to share it with.
That's ****ing hilarious.

All that "above average IQ", yet they can't process that their choice to not have kids is the reason their birthrates are on the decline and that when they're old, they're going to be as big or a bigger burden on society than the "poor and uneducated" people pumping out kids who might possibly take care of said "poor and uneducated" parents when they get old. Also, the number of "poor and uneducated" people pumping out 5 or 10 kids these days is practically unheard of, except for at certain kinds of websites and groups where the people in attendance need to believe such nonsense to feel better about themselves.
Yep. Those smart people are idiots. :rolleyes:

Coiled03

Established Member
All that "above average IQ", yet they can't process that their choice to not have kids is the reason their birthrates are on the decline and that when they're old, they're going to be as big or a bigger burden on society than the "poor and uneducated" people pumping out kids who might possibly take care of said "poor and uneducated" parents when they get old.

Did you really just try to justify people who can't afford kids, continuing to have MORE kids?

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
GT Premi, you don't live in my town. The poor and uneducated have nothing better to do than pump out kids, it is the only way they get money for beer and drugs. I can promise you that IT IS heard of around here.

Kids are a blessing but you never know what you are missing if you don't have any. I was in the same camp as many of you. Not really wanting children but thank God my wife did. I can't imagine my life today with my two girls

ArabianOak

Established Member
I have 6 kids. Ages 17 to newborn. My oldest is about to leave for USMC boot camp, following in my footsteps.

Yes it can suck. When stomach flu hits and you have 6 or 7 people tossing their cookies at once it can feel like hell on earth.

However, when you hop in the car on a road trip and see all the excitement, when you hit beach and watch them build sand castles, when you teach them to drive, when you teach them to read or write, when you teach them to be responsible and honorable NOTHING else really matters.

That being said the direction our society has gone has made doing the above very difficult. This is why me and my wife homeschool.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Mind is blown.

So, people without kids will be more of a burden on society than people that have kids?

Think of it this way. If you are a productive citizen, have a job, pay taxes, have a moral code to live by, chances are that you are more likely going to produce offspring that will do the same. Now compare that to those that do non of those things. Who will most likely be the burden as they age?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Think of it this way. If you are a productive citizen, have a job, pay taxes, have a moral code to live by, chances are that you are more likely going to produce offspring that will do the same. Now compare that to those that do non of those things. Who will most likely be the burden as they age?

The way I look at it, if the lazy people that pump 3-4 kids out and have no morals, they will be a bigger burden when they get old. You usually pass on your tendencies and morals to your children, but, if you don't have any, they will turn out to be just like you.

What about the people that work for a living, strive for improvement, are honest, disciplined and do not rely on anyone else and they choose not to have kids. Think they will be a burden?

Take my Grandmother, she's 84, shovels her own snow (stubborn) only retired a few years ago, takes complete care of herself and helps others around her.

fmylife

Established Member
Married 16 1/2 years now and found out she can't get pregnant many years ago for various reasons. Ended up getting a partial hysterectomy coming up on 3 years ago at the end of this month. It still hurts her that she can't have kids but being pain free from that possessed uterus has improved her life dramatically.

Even before that surgery, we accepted it wasn't going to happen and try to enjoy living a life free from the responsibility of children and love it!

Never_Enough

Established Member
GT Premi, you don't live in my town. The poor and uneducated have nothing better to do than pump out kids, it is the only way they get money for beer and drugs. I can promise you that IT IS heard of around here.

Kids are a blessing but you never know what you are missing if you don't have any. I was in the same camp as many of you. Not really wanting children but thank God my wife did. I can't imagine my life today with my two girls
Yes, we know what we are missing & I am glad I'm missing it. Why is it so hard to accept, for some folks with kids, that some of us do not want them & will never second guess that decision?

Coiled03

Established Member
Yes, we know what we are missing & I am glad I'm missing it. Why is it so hard to accept, for some folks with kids, that some of us do not want them & will never second guess that decision?

Those who have children and have experienced the joy they bring may not understand how someone could NOT want that same joy. Many of them are probably forgetting, or choosing to overlook the difficulties that also come along with having kids.

Also, it's such a life altering decision, it's difficult for some people to imagine how others could make such a choice with incomplete information. Unfortunately, the only way to get that information is to have a child, and that's a one-way decision point.

EDIT: At the risk of stating the obvious, these are just theories and opinions in answer to your question.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Those who have children and have experienced the joy they bring may not understand how someone could NOT want that same joy. Many of them are probably forgetting, or choosing to overlook the difficulties that also come along with having kids.

Also, it's such a life altering decision, it's difficult for some people to imagine how others could make such a choice with incomplete information. Unfortunately, the only way to get that information is to have a child, and that's a one-way decision point.

EDIT: At the risk of stating the obvious, these are just theories and opinions in answer to your question.

Wait, you mean you can't give them back if you don't like being a parent??? :eek::eek::eek:

I'm staring down the "let's try for a baby" barrel within the next couple of months. Scares the shit out of me however we are married, both work, own our house, in our early 30s and have done fine watching my nieces and nephew overnight (1, 4 and 7) so I guess we're as ready as anyone.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry, my post didn't read right. What I was saying "i think" is that in order for society to produce positive hard working productive citizens by percentage they will come from like people. If those people are not reproducing society will likely brake down as we know it.
I hope that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread