Not having coolers lead to damage?

venomous97cobra

Established Member
I am looking at purchasing a 2016 tech pack car. I will not be tracking the car it will be a dd. Will the trans and rear dif be more prone to wear or damage compared to a track pack car during daily stop n go driving? Thanks for any input.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
There's an optimum range with respect to rotating assemblies, the friction/heat therein, and the ability to cool. For the tech/base cars, Ford made the assumption that "spirited" use would be limited and as such the operator wouldn't be pushing the car beyond the ability it has to recover. PCM strategies to limit rpm, etc, were implemented as a safety measure in case certain thresholds were exceeded.

Short version - for a daily driver you'll be fine.

venomous97cobra

Established Member
There's an optimum range with respect to rotating assemblies, the friction/heat therein, and the ability to cool. For the tech/base cars, Ford made the assumption that "spirited" use would be limited and as such the operator wouldn't be pushing the car beyond the ability it has to recover. PCM strategies to limit rpm, etc, were implemented as a safety measure in case certain thresholds were exceeded.

Short version - for a daily driver you'll be fine.
Thank you for the information.

CO Mack

Established Member
Let's be careful with "Spirited". To me track is a level beyond "spirited". I don't think anyone has gone into limp even on a "spirited" canyon run, I know I haven't. You won't hurt it on track either, the car will protect itself by going into limp modes which is no fun, but not damaging.

This issue is WAY overblown for various reasons, don't worry about it.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
"Spirited" was about as careful as I could word it such that it wouldn't step on anyone's toes. And there have been a number of posts made on the web about limp in off track use. I can't verify those claims one way or another but they are indeed out there.

CO Mack

Established Member
Once lawyers got involved, overstating the issue became valuable. To say nothing of owners of Tracks and Rs that want to differentiate themselves (despite most not using their cars on track).

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
There were a number of complaints before the class action suit was filed.

Users who are viewing this thread