Not getting into boost ?

CobraG

Established Member
I drove my car today for the second time since I put the Lund tune on. It feels like it's surging and won't get into boost. And the Air/Fuel Ratio hangs at 20.0 when I let off the gas.
I'm not mechanically inclined so if anyone has some troubleshooting tips I'd appreciate it. Also, is it possible to put the original tune back on? Could that possibly help? When I say original it's not the stock tune.
I didn't have any problems at all with the car until I loaded this tune.

CobraG

Established Member
Is it possible to put the original tune back on? The file name looks different than the one lund sent.

LS WUT

Established Member
Is this on your dash it’s showing this, or? Also do a 2nd gear pull at 40. PSI should be around 14/15 consistent.

LS WUT

Established Member
Also if it’s not getting into boost it could be the IC pump isn’t kicking on, I had a few issues with that myself.

LS WUT

Established Member
IMG_1137.jpg

This is where mine is at.

CobraG

Established Member
Is this on your dash it’s showing this, or? Also do a 2nd gear pull at 40. PSI should be around 14/15 consistent.
It goes to AF 20 on the dash. The nGauge shows a P115e code too. I drove the car again, it got up to around 4-5 lbs of boost but no more.

cobracide

Established Member
I guess it could be the tune or this:

P115E Code - Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body Air Flow Trim At Max Limit

Make: Ford Code: P115E

Definition: Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body Air Flow Trim At Max Limit

Description: During idle, the PCM monitors the throttle angle and airflow. If the airflow is determined to be less than expected, the PCM adjusts the throttle angle to compensate. The airflow reduction is typically the result of engine deposit buildup around the throttle plate. This DTC sets when the PCM has reached the maximum allowed compensation and is no longer able to compensate for the buildup.

Cause: Engine deposits around the throttle plate Diagnosis: Install a new throttle body.

LS WUT

Established Member
How do I check the IC pump?
That’s exactly what mine was doing. It eventually threw the “wrench” check engine code. @Vinnie_B could probably be able to give you a better way to check the IC pump. With that code I’d spray around the TB and check around it. Maybe even take the CAI off and clean around it.

Attachments

• IMG_4053.jpeg
    IMG_4053.jpeg
    443.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 63477979321__0B873398-4D90-4F0B-8DDF-828A01D616A7.jpeg
    63477979321__0B873398-4D90-4F0B-8DDF-828A01D616A7.jpeg
    333.5 KB · Views: 32

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I drove my car today for the second time since I put the Lund tune on. It feels like it's surging and won't get into boost. And the Air/Fuel Ratio hangs at 20.0 when I let off the gas.
I'm not mechanically inclined so if anyone has some troubleshooting tips I'd appreciate it. Also, is it possible to put the original tune back on? Could that possibly help? When I say original it's not the stock tune.
I didn't have any problems at all with the car until I loaded this tune.
I highly advise you contact your Tuner first @CobraG or ask for help from a professional experience tuner like @VNMOUS1. Its obviously a tune issue! Data log a session and send to lund.

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
It does indeed. Creepy since it’s stock tune lol
That something I wouldn't take to lightly because your cats are gonna get plugged with the excessive carbon. I'd recommend taking out you upstream 02's and cleaning them and checking for air leaks in the cold air intake system to the throttle body. VAC leaks as well!

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
I'm going to take it to a mechanic. I'd like to take it to my local guy but I may end up taking it to Ford. I'm leaning towards Ford, I figure they have the computers and expertise probably better than my local mechanic.

Also, is there a chance it could be the air filter? I nicked it up pretty good putting it back on the car a while back.

Thanks everyone for your time and input.

Users who are viewing this thread