Not getting full boost

Jaceracer

Established Member
Hey guys i was testing a little bit last night and according to my gauge I'm not getting full boost maybe a little more then half way. i did test my boost bypass and it seems to be holding when i plug one vacuum port at a time. i did notice that i have a slighty larger belt on the supercharger then what is required mine is a k080665hd but it calls for a k080660hd. It seems to be a half inch longer could this cause that issue? any help or ideas would be appreciated thank you.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
doesnt take much to put a tensioner out of it's efficient arc. A blower vehicle losing boost the tensioner and belt are usually where Id start looking.

if they have that size you can get good deals on belts on Amazon

Jaceracer

Established Member
i did replace the tensioner and pulley's a month ago but i probably need to look to see if there is a problem with them. I do have another belt coming today so i will try it and see if i get lucky.

Jaceracer

Established Member
on a side note there was a tensioner bolt that broke on me due to either factory error or just corroision inside the thread hole but the other two are very snug. I'm hoping that isn't causing it! If so i will take the bridge off and try to fix it if need be.

Dusten

Established Member
i did replace the tensioner and pulley's a month ago but i probably need to look to see if there is a problem with them. I do have another belt coming today so i will try it and see if i get lucky.

He wasn't saying the tensioner was bad.

A tensioner has an effective arc. Generally a belt at rest should position a tensioner at a set percentage of its travel. If the belt is to long or to short it'll move it from this position and render it less effective.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
on a side note there was a tensioner bolt that broke on me due to either factory error or just corroision inside the thread hole but the other two are very snug. I'm hoping that isn't causing it! If so i will take the bridge off and try to fix it if need be.

I would say to watch that while snapping the throttle body by hand and see if it moves. That tensioner is under a lot of load and that may be allowing it to moved around

Jaceracer

Established Member
He wasn't saying the tensioner was bad.

A tensioner has an effective arc. Generally a belt at rest should position a tensioner at a set percentage of its travel. If the belt is to long or to short it'll move it from this position and render it less effective.
oh ok i see what you mean now, well i will give it a shot and fingers crossed thank you

Jaceracer

Established Member
Ok I put the correct belt on and it seemed to help. My next question is how much boost will a stock lightning make? is it 8psi? I keep trying to watch YouTube videos to see what other people gauges are doing and it seems like all the ones I watch peg 10 psi and that could be from bigger lower pulley's so I might be really over thinking this to much but I just want to make sure I'm getting all it can put out no pun intended lol.

dan1982

Established Member
wow... ure OK with a bolt missing... a tensioner bolt? I would HAVE TO fix that. It would bother me for the rest of my life.

Jaceracer

Established Member
wow... ure OK with a bolt missing... a tensioner bolt? I would HAVE TO fix that. It would bother me for the rest of my life.
i never said i was ok with it lol i just haven't gotten around to fix it yet because its going to be a bitch with how tight it is stuck in there, when it broke it didn't break off flush so its gripping the bracket for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread