Not disclosing your speed without a ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDR Stang

SCT PRP Tuned Whiner
Established Member
I'd get pulled over for the reason of exceeding the posted limit. The cop says he's just going to give me a warning. When I ask how fast was I going, they say, "It'll cost you $XXX if I tell you that." What's up with that? It happened again yesterday.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Um. Basically he's telling you to slow down and is being nice?

What's to complain about?

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
I'd get pulled over for the reason of exceeding the posted limit. The cop says he's just going to give me a warning. When I ask how fast was I going, they say, "It'll cost you $XXX if I tell you that." What's up with that? It happened again yesterday.

if he tells you that, he legally has to write it down. hence a ticket. hence you pay money for it.

he was saying" you know you were speeding, so slow down and this is your warning."

you should feel lucky. last time i got pulled over the guy said " you should have been going faster in a cobra i think!"...so he gave me a ticket for no front plate. lol

WVFord

Established Member
You should have asked him again, and maybe the second time he would have written it on the ticket he would have given you.

VGER

Established Member

was your speedometer broken? :burnout:

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
You just cant please some people. He's obviously cutting you a break and you find something to complain about. arrhhh

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Who's complaining? I asked a question. If there's no logical reason for withholding that information, why give a response that makes them sound arrogant?

You want to talk about arrogant? It would be you. You got two gifts of not getting a ticket, but because they wanted to help your ass out, they are arrogant?

If he told you an exact speed, that would mean he knows to the degree you are violating the statute and it is probably his commanders orders to mandatorily write such offenders.

This is CLOSED!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread