Not an SVT...but does have boost at least...

mustang addict

Established Member
I got this truck about a year ago. One owner truck out of Oregon with 25K miles on it. Started out looking like this:

Syclonepicture.jpg

Finally got the little truck over to the alignment shop. Got the coil overs done on the front, bell techs on the back, C5 Z06 brakes, and the black ZR1's completed. I'm pretty happy with the result.

Sycloneside.jpg

Brakes and coil overs:

SycloneCoilOvers.jpg

And oh yea, the new license plate. LOL

SyclonePlate.jpg

Did a little carpet kit from Gaylords as well:

syclonebedcarpet.jpg

Going to take it on the power tour with a good buddy of mine the first week of June. Detroit to Arlington. Should be fun!

afro

Why?
Established Member
Very nice!

These must be really rare because I've never seen one on the street.

-fro

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Great looking little truck. Always wanted one of those. The wheels, suspension and brakes look awesome!

svtaddict

Established Member
tried to get a typhoon from a dealer about seven years ago but they wouldnt finance because it was too old always wanted one oh wel guess i will have to settle for my cobra:)

DJ Red Barron

Boost Addict
Established Member
VERY bad ass ride! The mods look fantastic. I had a '92 Sonoma GTs back in the day. I traded that in on a '93 Typhoon several years later. LOVED both of them. If I were to get another one, it would be done like this.

A good friend of mine just moved to Midland for his job. I will tell him to be on the lookout for that Sy!

Very nice!

These must be really rare because I've never seen one on the street.

-fro
2,995 built in 1991. Of those, 10 were done in red for Marlboro, 1 was built for PPG, and 3 for Indy. 3 1992 Sys were built. But production was canceled.
Marlboro Sy:
marlboro.jpg

PPG Sy:
ppg1.jpg

The one I'd love to get my hands on is the 1989 Buick / Chevy Syclone (Prototype from Buick Division)
Specs:
1987 231 Grand National engine, estimated 300 hp
GM 200-4R Transmission
No Transfer Case, 2wd Truck
12 Bolt Chevy Rear Diff 3.73 Gears
Rear P255/60 on GN 15x8
Front P225/60 on GN 15x7
Best Time 12.57@109 mph
GN hood scoop grafted into S-10 hood
Stock 12 gallon tank

For Typhoons (SUV Version), there were 2,497 1992s & 2,200 1993s.

Lastly, there is the Sonoma GT. It was a naturally aspirated RWD Syclone, basically. Same interior, same front & rear bumper cover / rollpan & similar side skirts. There were 806 built in 1992 only.

Users who are viewing this thread