Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
PRO CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If a women is not sure whether or not she wants to keep a potential child, I think the odds of her raising it well enough to keep it from stealing my car or going to prison are not very good.

Last edited:

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by f_rice
PRO CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If a women is not sure whether or not she wants to keep a potential child, I think the odds of her raising it will enough to keep it from stealing my car or going to prison are not very good.

Yep, The reasons why it should not be made illegal go on an on....

Dead beat dads, Rape victoms, Children that would be born with down syndrome......

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
Whew,

It's a good thing your mothers weren't pro choice. :eek:

What if your wife was raped and became pregnant?

It is not anyone's decision about what they want to do but the person having the child. If you are not able to provide a decent life for a person.....why would you want to bring them into the world?

spinscan

Established Member
Originally posted by i8u
What if your wife was raped and became pregnant?

It is not anyone's decision about what they want to do but the person having the child. If you are not able to provide a decent life for a person.....why would you want to bring them into the world?

Does the father get a say in the matter?

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by spinscan
Does the father get a say in the matter?

Of course. I was speaking more along the lines of a rape victom or a dead beat......:beer:

i8u

Established Member
4 people have voted pro-life. I would like to hear from those people without the exchange of insults. :beer:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I wasn't being insulting, I was stating a fact. For 50,000 years there have been many unwanted children from unwanted fathers.

In the past, the church or state took ownership of these children. If you ask my opinion if my wife was pregnant from a horrible incident like rape I would accept it and love that child as my own. It would be the prudent thing to do. Doing anything else would be punishment of the child.

Last edited:

i8u

Established Member
I wasn't being insulting, I was stating a fact. For 50,000 years there have been many unwanted children from unwanted fathers.

In the past, the church or state took ownership of these children. If you ask my opinion if my wife was pregnant from a horrible incident like rape I would accept it and love that child as my own. It would be the prudent thing to do. Doing anything else would be punishment of the child.

I applaud you if you could really accept it and love it as your own child. What if the person cannot afford to have another kid (eg-people on welfare)?

I believe it would be punishment to the child to bring him into a world if they can not be supported and given a loving family.

I appreaciate you sharing your view....:beer:

AndersH

Established Member
Pro-choice.
The first reason: I would not like to bracket with those crazy pro-life people that went around killing other people/blowing stuff up to have their opinion forced through! That is just a studid thing to do i'n a democratic country.

Second reason: removing an embryo before it even takes shape as a human is a lot better than having a unwanted child. both for the parant and the potential child.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by i8u
I applaud you if you could really accept it and love it as your own child. What if the person cannot afford to have another kid (eg-people on welfare)?

I believe it would be punishment to the child to bring him into a world if they can not be supported and given a loving family.

I appreaciate you sharing your view....:beer:

No problem. I see your point on the welfare thing but $10 a month for birth control should eliminate the "affording a kid" scenario, especially considering the fact that 85% of all Americans can "afford" cable TV. There are millions of children that deal with horrid times with crappy parents...you are 100% correct there.

i8u

Established Member
No problem. I see your point on the welfare thing but $10 a month for birth control should eliminate the "affording a kid" scenario, especially considering the fact that 85% of all Americans can "afford" cable TV. There are millions of children that deal with horrid times with crappy parents...you are 100% correct there.

WTF I pay $20 a month!

In reality I think we both agree on many things. We just have different views when it comes to ways of dealing with them. OMG does that sound political or what!:beer:

PonyXpress

How is this not a political thread?

I don't belive for a second that human life begins the instant a sperm beaks into an egg, or that a blastula is a human being. But the reason I'm on the "pro-life" side is that you can't trust politicans to decide when life begins. Every day, legal abortions are performed during a stage of pregnancy that most sane docters that are not on Planned Parenthoods payroll will agree that the fetus has a functioning nervous system, yet they cut it to shreds anyway. And now, many Democrats want "partial birth abortion".Do you know what I call that? I call it ****ING INFANTICIDE AND MURDER! Animals have more rights than a child halfway out it's mother does, and the spineless Republicans are powerless to stop it. What's next? When it's OK to suck the brains out of a half born child, then will it still be wrong to kill them at a month old? Or have "mercy killings" (such a great oxymoron)? Where does it end? Many international abortion activists have campaigned for legal infanticide and euthanasia of the elderly. And why kill the fetus when there are many people who would perfectly willing to adopt? Do you really trust someone else to determine when your most basic right...your right to live is no longer justified becuase it would be an inconvience? And think about why most abortions are performed...because someone slept around, or didn't use protection in the first place.

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by Maniac Mechanic
why kill the fetus when there are many people who would perfectly willing to adopt?

Tell that to all the homeless children.....

i8u

Established Member
And think about why most abortions are performed...because someone slept around, or didn't use protection in the first place.

Exactly......

And most likely not prepared to raise a child.....

i8u

Established Member
But the reason I'm on the "pro-life" side is that you can't trust politicans to decide when life begins.

So if a pregnant women goes and has an abortion a politician made her decision for her?

PonyXpress

Originally posted by i8u
So if a pregnant women goes and has an abortion a politician made her decision for her?
No, if they are willing to have an abortion, then they are not qualified to decide when life begins either. Besides, there are some people who should not reproduce.

i8u

Established Member
No, if they are willing to have an abortion, then they are not qualified to decide when life begins either.

That is an opinion......

Besides, there are some people who should not reproduce.

Another reason for abortion....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread