Not a cobra, but you guys could help me, i know it...

SVT1996Cobra

Established Member
i've had the car for nearly 9 months now. It is currently with my painter getting a well deserved make over. I bought it with 88k miles, completely BONE STOCK.

My question for you guys is this: Can anyone help me find out if this one of the last foxes to roll off the assembly line?

Here's why i believe this: The door tag has an 8/93 build date, Carfax reports the date to be 8/26/93. This seems VERY late in the model year. The car came with stock plugs wires with "1994" on every wire and some sensors i have replaced were used mostly on 94-95 5.0s. Also, the last 6 digits of my VIN are 214606 meaning it is the 114,606th mustang off the line for the 93 model year. According to everything i can find, only 114,228 mustangs were produced in 93.

I do have the original window sticker that came with the car. The Total price for the car was $16,968

Does anyone have any contacts in ford that can find something out for me? Any phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.

Thanks! and now for the pics of when i got it:

100_7863.jpg

100_7900.jpg

100_7864.jpg

100_7867.jpg

100_7870.jpg

100_7875.jpg

100_7876.jpg

here is currently what i have. only one picture :shrug:

102_0740.jpg

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
Look on the radiator support on the driver side or on top of the fender apron behind the driver strut tower and you'll see either a yellow, red, or green (hard to see) stamp with 08 ??. The two ?? will represent the day of August the car was completed on the assembly line and that it passed inspection. As for the Vin number being consecutive that's not totally true. All it was for Ford was a designation for that car and what options would be put on it. They weren't always built in consecutive order. Each day the production line would be filled with the exact number of parts to complete each car and depending on supply and demand of the parts needed certain Vin numbers would be pulled and put into the assembly line. All of that to say, don't gauge what you're seeing in the Vin number as a consecutive unit. It's definitely a late car but I think production stopped in early September not late August. I'll go dig that info up. It's somewhere on the net.

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
O.k. I just found it in the web archives. Production stopped on 8-26-1993. I was close, but close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. Check under the hood where I mentioned and see if that stamp is still there. Sometimes dark colored cars didn't get them or previous owners rubbed them off thinking they were put there by a dealership or whatever. You've definitely got a late production car. Only 7,135 LX 5.0 Sedans were produced in 1993. That's just a little over 2000 more than the 1993 Cobra.

Oh, and if your painter has already removed that mark under the hood, the only way you're going to find out what day it was produced is to either e mail Stew Jones somehow or file for a 999 report from Ford. I don't trust the 999 reports much. There's been several discrepancies with people getting them over at the Mustang GT Registry.

Last edited:

SVT1996Cobra

Established Member
Goodson said:
Oh, and if your painter has already removed that mark under the hood, the only way you're going to find out what day it was produced is to either e mail Stew Jones somehow or file for a 999 report from Ford. I don't trust the 999 reports much. There's been several discrepancies with people getting them over at the Mustang GT Registry.

the painter is not touching anything under the hood. I will check for that mark when i see the car next time. What is Stew Jones Email address? How do i go about filing a 999 report with ford?

svt2205

Established Member
Call Ford's customer service number, you can find it off their main site. A History 999 report may give you some details, but don't expect much. Mine stated that my 93 Cobra has a 281 under the hood.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
svt2205 said:
Call Ford's customer service number, you can find it off their main site. A History 999 report may give you some details, but don't expect much. Mine stated that my 93 Cobra has a 281 under the hood.

:lol:

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
The last fox body was a red GT convertible.

I'm guessing Ford still has it. Right?

Mark, do you know when the last LX 5.0 was made?

SVT1996Cobra, I'm not exactly sure how to get in touch with Stew. His website has been down for almost two years and I don't have his current e mail address.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread