"Nose Cam" Footage from Putnam Park 08-27-05

sfs32vcobra

S197 Boss 302S Clone
Established Member
I thought you guys might like this... some nose camera from '00R #124 featuring Kenny Brown's Kermie and SVT_KY FARM TRUCK. Enjoy! :beer: :thumbsup:

PS - this is a 30 MB .mpg file, and it runs a lot better once you have it cached.

'00R #124 Nose Cam

Mr. Mysti

Established Member
Not scientific, but both laps appeared to be 1:23. I guess I don't feel bad about my 1:27.62 on street tires. :pepper: :banana: Of course he didn't get a clean lap in the video, I am sure I got a clean lap w/ my best time.

sfs32vcobra

S197 Boss 302S Clone
Established Member
Camera, Lap Timer, & Accelerometer Setup

Tell Chris at Hoyt Tech I sent ya - http://www.hoyttech.com.

I purchased the HC-AUTO2 Track Racer In-Car Camera Kit and the G-Box Track Data Overlay Device.

This is a very simple installation. The system consists of a Sony bullet camera, a two-axis accelerometer, a GPS signal processor / antenna, your own A/V-input capable camcorder, and various leads and electrical connectors. The bullet cam is tie-wrapped to one of the vertical struts on my front facia. I routed the RCA cable and power wire over the top of the right wheel under the hood, around the A pillar under the weather stripping, along the side bar of the cage, and on into the trunk. I velcro'ed the accelerometer / GPS signal processor box to the bottom of the spare tire well in the trunk in the proper orientation. And I mounted the GPS antenna on the hat rack in the back window. I think the GPS antenna will have to be relocated to the roof (magnetic base) to assure robust signal acquisition. The video signal cable is routed through the G-Box prior to the camcorder, where the fore / aft and lateral acceleration values are overlayed on the camera image, along with lap times and approximate velocity calculated using the GPS signal.

I encountered a couple simple problems during installation, and Chris was very accessible, friendly, and helpful. :thumbsup:

Later -

b4409

Established Member
Scott - that's awesome! We'll have some fun with that gadget. Hope you guys had a great weekend other than BP's clutch going south. Sorry I missed it, but I did get a great new gift over the weekend - our new, healthy baby Amelia! :banana: :banana:

Andy M

Established Member
Scott,

Very cool video dude!! I have a cone cam as well, but have been having issues with getting the audio working right. It also sounds like yours was having some audio issues too? Still awesome though!! It really gives you a sense of the speed with the camera mounted lower on the car!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread