NOS question?????

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
Ok I am learning more and more about my 96 cobra everyday but, I am new to NOS. My Uncle is trying to sell me his NOS that was on his pervious 98 GT. It has everything, he told me it is 150 adjustable 260. He said my cobra can withhold the full 150. Now is this true, safe :shrug: ??? All i have done to the car is pullies, K&N, full bassani, and soon to put on steeda timing adjuster......Thx vick

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
Your car can handle a 150 shot safely if you take the correct precautions. Always make sure you have enough fuel by adding a 255lph fuel pump and a window switch would be nice too, but not necessary. Hopefully Doug will chime in as he's a mod motor guy that loves the spray. I'm a non-mod guy with a blower only. :coolman:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
150 is pushing the stock motor. will need the bigger pump and get a tune to go higher.
Waiting on Doug to confirm.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
First off, to run a 150 - you WILL need a fuel pump. Some people get by without one...but would you really want to blow a motor up over a 100$ fuel pump? HELL NO!!! (i've been there...) I would, however, start out with a smaller shot to get used to it. It might take you a little bit to get used to how the car is going to react. Your gonna blister the tires the first time you hit it.

that steeda timing adjuster will work great. Retard about 3-4 degrees of timing (for a 150 when your gonna spray it. Advance it 2-3 degrees when your just gonna run all motor (i'm not familiar with how much timing mostly stock cars can add without detonating).

get that fuel pump, or stick to a 100 shot.

How good of a driver are you? Prone to missing gears? If so, get a window switch to stay away from that rev limiter.

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
Doug said:
First off, to run a 150 - you WILL need a fuel pump. Some people get by without one...but would you really want to blow a motor up over a 100$ fuel pump? HELL NO!!! (i've been there...) I would, however, start out with a smaller shot to get used to it. It might take you a little bit to get used to how the car is going to react. Your gonna blister the tires the first time you hit it.

that steeda timing adjuster will work great. Retard about 3-4 degrees of timing (for a 150 when your gonna spray it. Advance it 2-3 degrees when your just gonna run all motor (i'm not familiar with how much timing mostly stock cars can add without detonating).

get that fuel pump, or stick to a 100 shot.

How good of a driver are you? Prone to missing gears? If so, get a window switch to stay away from that rev limiter.

thx everyone for the info......so what kind of fuel pump you recommand? and too answer your question doug i am so so. I miss 3rd every now and then.... :thumbsup:

XR8TED285

Established Member
I had a 255 and have gone up to a 200 shot on the stock block. J. Hensler har gone 200 as well I do not recommend it. I hope that n20 kit is wet not dry. .

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
oh do i need to change my spark plugs???? my uncle said i would have to...I just put brand new double plat. (motorcarft .54) in my car....he said NGK 7s
is this true? :shrug:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
XR8TED285 said:
I had a 255 and have gone up to a 200 shot on the stock block. J. Hensler har gone 200 as well I do not recommend it. I hope that n20 kit is wet not dry. .

your running a 200 shot from a single nozzle?

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Vick said:
oh do i need to change my spark plugs???? my uncle said i would have to...I just put brand new double plat. (motorcarft .54) in my car....he said NGK 7s
is this true? :shrug:

yes, you will need new plugs. DO NOT SPRAY IT WITH PLATINUM PLUGS. You'll melt them in about a millisecond!!!!

NGK TR6s is one, they are one heat range colder than stock and come pregapped at .035 (right where they need to be). The TR55s are two ranges colder, don't know what they come pregapped at. I use Motocraft AGSF32C but I think I'm gonna try out the AGSF22C next time (one range colder).

XR8TED285

Established Member
When you wanna get crazy you can always go this route. I used to have the same manifold but a differnt setup this is James Henslers setup..
HENS2.jpg
[/IMG]
HENS3.jpg
hens4.jpg
[/IMG]

XR8TED285

Established Member
It is a After Market/custom manifold built By H.C.I motorsports It was called the mod mongoose intake.. Very few of them left and very few have access to them.Here is one of my old ones .
CIMG0134.jpg
[/IMG]

XR8TED285

Established Member
Want a h.c.i manifold ?? Better run NMRA those are the only guys that can get the last ten. Unless you know me lol...J/k..Gotta love that freshly ported b head (to the right of the manifold) in the pic the one the we cut into 10 pieces lol

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
how about you just accidently drop one into a styrofoam peanut packed box that just happens to have my name and address on it?

I promise I won't tell......really......

XR8TED285

Established Member
Will do you can drop a 1200 dollar check into my paypal account lol.. Or spend 400 dollar less make and more power with a J.S.R Intake

Users who are viewing this thread