NOS installation

light_svt_mex

Established Member
Hello everyone, well i've been thinking about installing a nitrous sytem to my lightning, it will be used only once or twice a month, maybe less, what would you recommend me? is this advisable? thanks!

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I still like Zex's wet kit but i've seen guys use their small dry shots on their trucks. If you go with a 50, maybe a dry shot but if you use a 100 shot, i would go with the wet style. I don't have nitrous on my L but I do on my cobra. It has a 50 dry shot but i'm going to change it to a 100 wet shot soon. 50 shot, don't really need a tune for it. But to me, with it already have a power adder, if you go 75 or more, i would def get it tuned for it.

light_svt_mex

Established Member
I still like Zex's wet kit but i've seen guys use their small dry shots on their trucks. If you go with a 50, maybe a dry shot but if you use a 100 shot, i would go with the wet style. I don't have nitrous on my L but I do on my cobra. It has a 50 dry shot but i'm going to change it to a 100 wet shot soon. 50 shot, don't really need a tune for it. But to me, with it already have a power adder, if you go 75 or more, i would def get it tuned for it.

how many time does your cobra go down with the 50 dry shot?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I've only used it a few times but I rarely drive my Cobra. Is that what you were asking or how many times can I used a 50 shot with a 10lb bottle or how many times down the strip?

light_svt_mex

Established Member
I've only used it a few times but I rarely drive my Cobra. Is that what you were asking or how many times can I used a 50 shot with a 10lb bottle or how many times down the strip?

Actually i asked for the improvement in the time @quarter mile, my Lightning has a best time of 15.0, with such a bad start, I'm working on searching for some traction bars, and the nitrous kit

light_svt_mex

Established Member
what other mods do u have?

Well there are several but easy, smaller supercharger pulley, it gives about 4psi more than stock, also spark plugs NGK, electric fan, lower temp top radiator, vacuum valve for supercharger, and distilled water for lower temperature.
Recently I have cleaned the supercharger intercooler, I guess never before was done to my truck, also I have installed a module of current stabilizer and a high flow filter and I have a set of Michelin tires, I have already read about traction bars, but here in mexico are a little difficult to find

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
since u already have a pulley on it then most i would use is a 75 shot. just remember u need a tune for it though. and ngk tr6 plugs. if ur just going to use pump gas , i would do a 50 shot. i had a 50 shot in my truck. i went from a 12.9 to a 12.5. big diffrence. my cobra has a 100 shot. hand full of fun.

light_svt_mex

Established Member
since u already have a pulley on it then most i would use is a 75 shot. just remember u need a tune for it though. and ngk tr6 plugs. if ur just going to use pump gas , i would do a 50 shot. i had a 50 shot in my truck. i went from a 12.9 to a 12.5. big diffrence. my cobra has a 100 shot. hand full of fun.

and what mods does your truck have?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Actually i asked for the improvement in the time @quarter mile, my Lightning has a best time of 15.0, with such a bad start, I'm working on searching for some traction bars, and the nitrous kit

oh. never ran it at the track with it, atleast not yet. Should this year though. What's your 60' times cause yeah, with those mods that you have, that's a horrible time. You should be around a low 13 with atleast a 2.0 60'.
The nitrous will help alot since SC likes the more denser air due to the chill effect, plus the added oxygen it brings into the game. But if you run a 15 sec quarter mile, use say a 75 shot, you might be in the low to mid 14's. Get use to your truck, launching and so on. Then use the nitrous to get use to that.

light_svt_mex

Established Member
oh. never ran it at the track with it, atleast not yet. Should this year though. What's your 60' times cause yeah, with those mods that you have, that's a horrible time. You should be around a low 13 with atleast a 2.0 60'.
The nitrous will help alot since SC likes the more denser air due to the chill effect, plus the added oxygen it brings into the game. But if you run a 15 sec quarter mile, use say a 75 shot, you might be in the low to mid 14's. Get use to your truck, launching and so on. Then use the nitrous to get use to that.

well, nitrous is not installed yet, until now i just have the mods i told, but yeah, it seems to be such a bad time, i dont know if the height of the city has something to do.

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
i would skip the spray, and get a valve body and long bars. Than learn the truck for better 60' times.

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
thats ur launch. how quick u get out of the hole. like a 1.80 seconds is ok. how fast u cover 60 ft on take off. its in ur time slips.

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
i would definetly recomend some drag radials or slicks before more mods to better improve ur 1/4 times. if not , ur just wasting power.

i ran a 12.5 with slicks, traction bars,6 #lower,50 shot nitrous, cat back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread