Nos floormats???

brian3724

Established Member
Okay, so here's my question: My floor mats are black, and I saw on another site that the OEM part number for black floor mats is F3ZZ-6113086-AAH I was curious what mine were, so I checked them out, and they are F3ZV-6113005-AAW-RH (and LH) . I did some research, and found out that mine are NOS, which I'm assuming means new old stock. I'm not too familiar what this is, but does it mean that mine are exact reproductions? Will having these hurt the authenticity of my 93? Thanks!

buddha93

Established Member
NOS is what you stated, new old stock. It's a term usually used for older cars, but guys like throwing the term around to make the parts sound a little more collectible. In some cases with these cars, they are.

In the case of the floormats, they are hard to come by. These suckers where less then $40 from the dealer and I've seen them fetch as much as $400 for a set. The reason they remain high is that while there is a reproduction mat, it's incorrect. The driver side is for a post 93' car and is shaped differently. Also, the Cobra stitching background is not the right color, and the logo itself isn't quite right. Once you see the difference, it's easy to spot. Here are the mats I'm referring too:

ACC FLOOR MAT CARPETED 1993 COBRA STYLE SET 1979-1993 - CJ Pony Parts, Inc.

There was actully a member who started this project on his own with ACC, and ended up getting hosed on the deal. Too bad, he went through a lot of effort.

Here is how the part number on the mat breaks out:

F= 1990's
3= Model year of introduction or revision
Z= Mustang (or Cobra in our case...lol)
V= This is the design engineering office it came from. Z is Ford service parts on the original mat with V being the Vehicle Special Ordering and Engineering Section

brian3724

Established Member
So, does this make my car not original without the OEM floormats, or more rare with the NOS mats?

buddha93

Established Member
Well, let's just say for the sake of arguement the V mats do make it less valuble. How much less valuable does it make the car as a whole? $100.........$500............$1000?

Me personally, it's still a correct Ford mat....period, the end. It in no way shape or form makes the car less valuable, or less of a Cobra. It's the same part, they just changed the number. The car is what it is. Whether it's the Z or V mats, they're very hard to come by as a NOS set.

Don't get to hung up on the NOS term. The mats were produced long after the 93' release and simply booked to another Ford division.

One thing I've not figured out is the date of manufacture with the mats. They use a double ring with 12 sections per ring. Then on top of that the center of the ring is split with a 3 on one side, with an opposing number on the other........4 and 2 on my mats. Anyone know how to decihper it? Julian calender?

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
Okay since we are on the topic did 1993 cobra cars come with rear mats also????? I know of the two cars i have didn't have rear mats!!!

WillyB93

Established Member
OK that's what I though, have saw some with rear mats but may be aftermarket mats!!!

buddha93

Established Member
If I recall, I bought some factory rear mats for my 89' hatch from Ford. They never came with the fronts as a complete set.

WillyB93

Established Member
I just have saw some cars with and without while I was searching for the last one!!!

03TRMN8R

Established Member
I have a front set of the graphite colored ones before they switched over to midnight black. IMO, these match the graphite interior a bit better than the midnight black. I had a set in my black vert and they were perfect. They're brand new in the box. Would like to get $70 shipped for these. I do not have the rear set.

DSC02396.gif

WYSIWYG

Established Member
When I purchased my '93 in 2002 for m the original owner he gave an extra set of floor mats he purchased the car in 1993. They still have the cardboard "hangers" on them for displaying them.

Users who are viewing this thread