NorthwoodGT Intake Spacer

jmichalicek

Established Member
Hopefully my search abilities haven't just failed me on this, but I'm sure not finding definite answers in search.

I'm going to be adding a JLT RAI and intake spacer when I have my motor rebuilt (I know it doesn't need a rebuild for such basic stuff, I can just easily tack on the extra $200-$250 for the parts and barely notice it). All I ever see talked about for the Cobra is the Kar Kraft 3/8" intake spacer, but Kar Kraft is no more. I believe I have seen mentioned that the intake spacers being sold by northwoodgt on ebay are the Kar Kraft ones just being sold under a new name. Is that correct?

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Yep, KarKraft established themselves as NorthwoodGT

It seems like they are transitioning themselves into the Ford GT supercar platform and thus you might see lots of Ford GT parts being sold under their new "entity".

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I have my intake spacers nearly ready to go out the door. They are a larger 3/8" spacer without gaskets, with gaskets installed you get a full 5/8" plenum volume increase. The only thing I have left to do is install one on my car. I wont sell anything until I test it myself, doesnt matter how simple the product may be. I plan to install a spacer on my car this week sometime.

I will be including grade8 black anodized socket cap bolts with my spacers. This also includes the long bolt that goes through the top of the lid to the intake manifold. All spacers come packaged with a brand new OEM ford intake gasket. Price is set at $99 shipped for the first 3 units.

Ok enough of the shameless self plugging. I'll make another post with pics of the spacers and install process when I get the spacer installed.

Last edited:

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
Glad I read this, I was on eBay looking at them debating on purchasing today or not. I will wait for yours. If everything works out, I will order yours as soon as you are ready to ship.

jmichalicek

Established Member
Do yours fit under the hood and allow the egr to hook up without any issues? From what I read, a total 3/8" including spacer and gaskets is about as tall as you can go without any issues. Some people went taller, but it looked like they were having to remove the liner from the hood, delete the egr or struggle to get it connected, etc.

Swannyvill

BLOWN '01
Established Member
im curious too

Do yours fit under the hood and allow the egr to hook up without any issues? From what I read, a total 3/8" including spacer and gaskets is about as tall as you can go without any issues. Some people went taller, but it looked like they were having to remove the liner from the hood, delete the egr or struggle to get it connected, etc.

??? yea i would like to find that out too

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
I have my intake spacers nearly ready to go out the door. They are a larger 3/8" spacer without gaskets, with gaskets installed you get a full 5/8" plenum volume increase. The only thing I have left to do is install one on my car. I wont sell anything until I test it myself, doesnt matter how simple the product may be. I plan to install a spacer on my car this week sometime.

I will be including grade8 black anodized socket cap bolts with my spacers. This also includes the long bolt that goes through the top of the lid to the intake manifold. All spacers come packaged with a brand new OEM ford intake gasket. Price is set at $99 shipped for the first 3 units.

Ok enough of the shameless self plugging. I'll make another post with pics of the spacers and install process when I get the spacer installed.

will you be dyno testing these items?

01bluesnake

Established Member
3/8" is max for stock hood liner. with my 3/8" spacer, the vacuum line coming off top the egr rubs slightly into the liner. not sure about 5/8", but my guess would be the headliner would need to be removed or it will get damaged. with the 3/8" spacer the egr is workable with a little force. i think i read that for 5/8" some either bent the egr pipe or deleted it.

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I'll be installing the 3/8" spacer on my car starting tomorrow evening. It will take awhile longer due to taking photos and documenting the install. I'll post up with any problems or clearance issues that I may encounter. As for dyno time, I honestly cant say when Ill get to the dyno. I'll post up with any driveability issues that I may encounter.

Stock.
DSC04077.jpg

3/8" spacer w/ gaskets.
DSC04078.jpg

DSC04080.gif

DSC04079.jpg

Thank you,
Anthony
Midcontinent Mustangs

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Looking forward to more info. as well, might do this when I have my valve covers off getting powder coated in a few weeks.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Would this be helpful for N/A applications?

I have an 01 intake manifold on my car with COMP cams [and longtube headers shortly]..or is this more for boosted applications?

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
99COBRA2991, I might also take one after you're done testing and ready to ship. Let me know when the time comes and I'll give you my verdict.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread