North Jersey Mod Shops?

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Looking for a reputable shop in my area to install a super charger. I've been in contact with JDM and they are booked thru August. Any suggestions?
Thanks

csb85

Established Member
You looking for a one stop shop that will do the install and tuning ? What blower you plan on going with ?

mhyjek

Established Member
Their should be somebody else... Im in NJ too hopefully more suggestions come up. I talked to JDM a while back and they wanted $950 for header install which I find a little steep. Their response if you want the best you have to pay for it. But if there are people on this forum installing in 4 hours on jack stands a shop that installs them a couple times a week should get them done 5 hours or less...

csb85

Established Member
I installed mine my self and then dropped my car off at evolution for the dyno tune. I use Happy's in Bloomingdale for other work. They could do the install but they don't do tuning there.

Last edited:

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I had an appt with JDM for July 15, about 2 weeks earlier he had spots for mid June. Then after my scheduled date i was pushed back at least a month.
Also they wanted $2500 to install the blower. Not sure I'd that includes the tune, but EVO was $1400 and a $600 tune

Rick14

Established Member
Used Evo for about $6500 in work, headers, full exhaust, Lund tune, BAP, HEX. Good work. But I have heard stories, not good ones from others . Camber toe is really geared to foreign cars. They're around the corner from my office. Nice guys. I blew my exhaust of the car. They put it on the lift and out it back on for me. Really hard to find guys you can trust in the northeast. I like the guys at Realspeed on long Island

noldevin

Established Member
Don't use Evolution. I personally know several people/cars that had pretty major issues.
The good shops in the area will usually have a wait (that means they're doing something right and getting customers). I personally recommend wicked motorsports in toms river, but they'll have an even longer wait.
A good shop is worth the wait though. If you get impatient and go with a lesser shop because they have a booking sooner you'll just kick yourself later when you have problems.

Rick14

Established Member
They do good work the problem is that Fred is not trustworthy. They told me I had a bad cylinder #8 on a brand new car. The car was 150 miles from home. Don't trust people looking to make work. After some conversation I let them do the mods but it left a bad taste you know. That was 3 years ago, no issues. Dan at Realspeed tested cylinder #8 and said it was perfect.

TVSF150FX4

Established Member
Looking for a reputable shop in my area to install a super charger. I've been in contact with JDM and they are booked thru August. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Rob's performance is in Belleville,NJ they do great work give them a call 973-450-4505 lots of fast mustangs out of that shop

Users who are viewing this thread