Normal?

DaFreak

Established Member
5 minutes of cool down prior to this photo.

DSC04553_zps1c7bcaaf.jpg

DaFreak

Established Member
Lol I thought I was ocd, seems fine to me.

Lol! I guess I'm delicate too, I felt the pulley after the run and it was hot as hell. This was right after the virgin run with the gen2 so I was dope smok'n paranoid too :)

Last edited:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Lol! I guess I'm delicate too, I felt the pulley after the run and it was hot as hell. This was right after the virgin run with the gen2 so I was dope smok'n paranoid too :)

I hear you, just swapped my blower again and I check every bolt, look at every pulley to make sure the belt is aligned just right. Then I'm still nervous on that initial start up but it always goes ok.

Nsssane1

Established Member
I hear you, just swapped my blower again and I check every bolt, look at every pulley to make sure the belt is aligned just right. Then I'm still nervous on that initial start up but it always goes ok.

Lol I destroyed a brand new Gates green because I didn't climb under the car and look at the lowest pulley passenger next to tensioner, had a lil bit of belt on edge of pulley. It split the belt in that spot, $70 mistake!! I triple check it now.

DaFreak

Established Member

Lol I destroyed a brand new Gates green because I didn't climb under the car and look at the lowest pulley passenger next to tensioner, had a lil bit of belt on edge of pulley. It split the belt in that spot, $70 mistake!! I triple check it now.

Yep, I triple checked everything and was scared as hell to fire it up :) Needless to say, all was well.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I use my IR gun quite often in the engine bay just to get a sense of differing temperatures in a number of locations. It'd be interesting to compare temps under similar atmospheric conditions. What amazes me most is how long it takes for everything to cool down. I always open the hood for a half hour or so before I shut the door on my shop and walk away. And its still hot in there...

Users who are viewing this thread