Normal oil pressure range for 2.3 Whipple coyote question?

evoryne

Established Member
Hey guys i recently installed a 2.3 Whipple and some gauges on my 2013 mustang gt. I've been researching, but can't find a definite answer on what a healthy operating range is for the oil pressure. On a cold start at idle it jumps to 90-100psi then warms up and drops to around 40psi. Under any acceleration whether it's 1/4 throttle or WOT it stays between 80- 95psi and at idle just blipping the throttle it will climb fast up to 95psi. Is this normal? Does my Whipple have any effect on the oil pressure?

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:

Vert

Established Member
My 14 with a vmp tvs pretty much did the samething. Once I've ran it for awhile, the idle pressure is around 30, cold starts maxed at 100 and under WOT usually 75 or so. This will vary depending on the gauge and oil viscosity your using.

GBCoyote

Established Member
My 14 with a vmp tvs pretty much did the samething. Once I've ran it for awhile, the idle pressure is around 30, cold starts maxed at 100 and under WOT usually 75 or so. This will vary depending on the gauge and oil viscosity your using.

Same pressures here.

TenaciousRock

Established Member

Same pressures here.

Can you guys also let us know what oil you are using? I'll be adding a TVS in fall I think and I've seen that most people recommend going with a thicker oil to better handle the heat, something like a 10W-30 for example.

hand-filer

Established Member
Can you guys also let us know what oil you are using? I'll be adding a TVS in fall I think and I've seen that most people recommend going with a thicker oil to better handle the heat, something like a 10W-30 for example.

I've run Amsoil SS 10w-30 for the past 3 years. The motor stopped consuming oil after I made the switch from Motorcrap.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Thicker oil wont break down as much under high heat. The motor sees more heat with a PD blower.

Users who are viewing this thread