Noob Question

Winchm60

Established Member
I was looking to do get a little more power out of my car and was wondering if the following items would be helpful/what real advantage they might give or a reason to install them.

Dragon Performance Parts 75mm Throttle Body
Dragon Upper 75 mm Plenum

They claim, Product Benefits:

* Increased horsepower and torque
* Improved throttle response

I'm def. not looking for a turbo or supercharger (yet),and already have an intake installed (engine-wise). Does this mod make sense to do, or should i be looking at something else like a pulley kit? If it helps, my plan isn't to have a lot of hp/torque, i'm already satisfied, but would like a little more.

Thanks

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
that will give you more power than pulley's. Pulley's didnt help my car any, or atleast nothing noticeable

Winchm60

Established Member
03silversvt said:
+1. Your not gonna notice anything by feel

I'm not expecting to be pushed back in my seat or anything, but is this mod something that would be worth doing to gain a little more hp/torque?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
if anything itll give your exhaust a more "throaty" sound and give you a bit more throttle response from the low to mid range.

GT_Jim

Established Member
I would go ahead with the plenum and throttle body setup, pick up some under drive pullies also. Also, go ahead and get a 180 degree thermostat or 160 if you don't care about the SES (check engine) light coming on. All these together will give you a worthwhile gain, at least on the dyno. Believe it or not but a dyno tune will pick up worthwhile power on even a stock GT. So after you get some stuff done, get that bad boy on the dyno.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
I would suggest getting gears since I don't see that you have them. They will give you more of a pull. The intake plenum and T.B. will give you minimal gains. The SOHC engines are not air starved to begin with so they cannot utilize the extra air that much.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Gears imo are the best bang for the buck! If you look you should be able to buy them and have them installed for around $500. good luck

Users who are viewing this thread