Noob Question on supercharger oil

VENMS04

Established Member
You guys have probably answered this question often but I cant find the answer. I need to change the oil in my supercharger (stock Blower)car has 48,000 miles only mods are CAI and Exhaust.

What oil do I use How much and where do I purchase? Thanks in advance.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
You can get the supercharger at any GM or Ford dealership. That or you can give Bob Steigemeier a call and get it from him. The Ford and GM oil is the same, but from what I have heard, GM is much cheaper. The M112 and M90 use the same oil and Pontiac GTP's use the M90.
I think its called GM Vehicle Care Supercharger Oil. It looks like this:
GTP-Supercharger-Oil-Change-04.JPG

and comes in 4oz bottles. Some people have used large syringes and a vacuum hose to suck the oil out, I bought a cool little tool from Harbor Freight that is designed to draw fluid out of tight spaces like the SC. This is what it looks like.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Yup I'm going with the Mobil, just haven't had time. Ya I know it easy, just don't wanna do much after I come home from work.

VENMS04

Established Member
Forgot to ask at what intervals does it need to be changed? thanks for the info guys ill pick some up tommorrow

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I think its recommended that "supercharger oil" be changed every 25k. However, I would not let regular motor oil (even Mobil 1) go that long. At most I'd be changing the Mobil 1 every 10k.

Users who are viewing this thread