noob exhaust question

wyldechild54

Medusa
Established Member
Im trying to take my cat back off and was wondering how to get the hangars out of the holders. Sliding them out looks to be be impossible. I am thinkg of just unbolting the holders from the undercarriage. On the passenger side, the bolt is pretty big and I dont know whether or not it is safe to unbolt without proper bracing :shrug:. Any advice!?
passenger's side
IMG_3277.jpg

driver's side
IMG_3274.jpg

Last edited:

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Just pull them out of the rubber. There is a lip on the hanger itselt, but if you work it back and forth, you'll get it out.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Interesting. My hangers look a lot different than what you have pictured. Mine aren't rusty and have tips that look like a 3D arrow point that had its tip ground flat. The lip that olgreydog mentions makes sense for my type of hanger, but yours looks like the tip is bent. And the rubber piece on mine just connects two "arrow points" so it's a little easier to slide the entire rubber piece to one side and disconnect the hanger.

It looks easier to remove the entire hangar. The passenger side does look like the bolt is holding that bracket to your subframe, but there's another bolt holding it too so you should be OK.

wyldechild54

Medusa
Established Member
yeah... the previous owner installed some super ghetto flowmaster system. Im going to unbolt the drivers side, doesnt look too harmful. Im still not sure how to go about getting the passenger side off.

Users who are viewing this thread