non-mustang request

99cobra302

Established Member
My girlfriend has a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the V8 (non HO)

it is getting lifted with a Rough Country 2" budget boost.

she really wants the Moto Metal 951 black wheels in 16" with a nitto terra grapler tire (265 / 70 / 16) but i checked wheel pro's website and they dont have a 5x5 bolt pattern listed. so we were going to look at the 17's of the same wheel because they do have a 5x5 listed. the problem is that i dont know how its going to look. its ok of the wheel gets pushed out a little bit to widen the stance...but it cant stick out of the wheel well because that just wouldnt look right.

the problem we currently have is that when you search for wheels that fit all you see is exact replacement wheels, but as enthusiasts we know there are many more options. what do you think we should do? the other wheel option is the ATX Artillery.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
My girlfriend has a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the V8 (non HO)

it is getting lifted with a Rough Country 2" budget boost.

she really wants the Moto Metal 951 black wheels in 16" with a nitto terra grapler tire (265 / 70 / 16) but i checked wheel pro's website and they dont have a 5x5 bolt pattern listed. so we were going to look at the 17's of the same wheel because they do have a 5x5 listed. the problem is that i dont know how its going to look. its ok of the wheel gets pushed out a little bit to widen the stance...but it cant stick out of the wheel well because that just wouldnt look right.

the problem we currently have is that when you search for wheels that fit all you see is exact replacement wheels, but as enthusiasts we know there are many more options. what do you think we should do? the other wheel option is the ATX Artillery.

Thank you for the post. We would be happy to help you with your wheel and tire needs.

Her 04 factory wheels are 7.5" wide with a high +51mm offset. The MotoMetal 951 is 9" wide with a low -12mm offset. If you run the 951 wheel, it will stick out 3.25" further out from where the OE wheels sit which means the wheels will sit out past the fender by almost 2". This is also the same case for the Artillery. If you want to keep the new assembly under the fender well, I recommend looking for a wheel that is 8" to 9" wide with anywhere from a +18mm offset to +35mm offset. Here's a link with all the wheel models we have to offer that will work well.

With stock suspension, her Cherokee can clear up to a 31" tall tire with the correct wheel dimensions. That said, you may want to consider running a 32" tall tire since you have a 2" lift kit.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

99cobra302

Established Member
so if using one of these wheels would you recommend a 265 70 17?

she is kind of set on using that width...but if there was a different or better height to run we are open to recomendations. we have already setteled on the fact that some plastic is going to need to be trimmed to clear the tire.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
so if using one of these wheels would you recommend a 265 70 17?

she is kind of set on using that width...but if there was a different or better height to run we are open to recomendations. we have already setteled on the fact that some plastic is going to need to be trimmed to clear the tire.

The approved rim width range for most P265/70-17 SL(Standard Load) tire models is 8" to 9". This size puts the overal diameter at 31.5" so it is a good size to run. Just make sure you double check the manufacturer's rim width recommendation as some of the LT265/70-17 have a max rim width of 8.5".

Another size to consider would be 255/75-17. This size is just over 32" and may fill up the wheel well a little better. The approved rim width range for most tire models in this size is 6.5" to 8".

I hope this information helps.

Users who are viewing this thread