Non Enclosed Car Hauler For Lowered Cars

_Snake_

Established Member
A friend started with blocks and wood for his trailer. Most of the time, I was the one getting it set up and it sucked. He bought Race Ramps and it was like finally having the right tool for the job.

Highly recommend them, and they’re a small percentage of what you already have invested in the car and trailer.

redfirecobra2003

Established Member
That's a nice trailer. Why did you decide against it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haul multiple vehicles , some full track cars with no side windows so wanted the weather tight option. Additionally in the pits it makes a nice garage for tools and I can leave the car inside overnight.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a side door so I can open the drivers door and actually get out of the cars. It’s an American hauler

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I don't have any pictures of my set up in use, but I just back my tow vehicle up on harbor freight ramps to lower the tail of my trailer and then use a couple of 2x4/2x6's behind the trailer ramps to clear the front spoiler when I drive on.

IMG_20180615_180845.jpg

Then I just put the car as close to the passenger side as possible to be able to squeeze out of the driver door. I can take the fender off the trailer and just open the door into the tire.
IMG_20180615_181332.jpg

Attachments

• 47916140-car-ramp-will-it-work-image_21106.jpg
    47916140-car-ramp-will-it-work-image_21106.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 69

blubyu87gt

Established Member
I've been looking for a trailer as well. Needs to be strong and large enough to put my lifted 80 series Cruiser on but also ideally able to haul my low to the ground long tube having Cobra as well. Might do a custom setup or something like this:

2018 Sundowner Aluminum Tapered Front Open Car Hauler Trailer | Trailer World of Bowling Green, Ky | New and Used Kentucky Trailer Dealer

Admittedly I know the square root of jack shit about trailers though lol. Was also thinking about going with a 5th wheel setup but need to do more research on that.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Raising the screw-jack to get the trailer tongue up and the rear of the trailer down is the easy way to go...or parking the truck & trailer pointing downhill. Either way significantly reduces the approach angle for lower cars.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
As I stated earlier, airbags. Problem solved.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

exactly, I have an open trailer with extended ramps but at the end of a day on the track the last thing I want to do is **** with ramps. I would love to just drop it and raise it with a touch of a button wirelessly.

That trailer near me locally is at about 7500. Not too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread