Non Daily Drivers, how often you change your snakes oil?

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
I've put roughly 650 miles on it since the last oil change (3 months ago to the date) I think I was gonna let it go for another month or so.

Do you change on the mileage or the time passage?

:shrug:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Do you drive in a lot of stop and go traffic? If not, then oil, esp. synthetic, shouldn't be hurting anything unless it's REALLY old. If you stored your car for winter and brought it back out again without driving it at all, I'd go ahead and change it just for peace of mind. As long as you drive the car a little at least three or four times a month, it should be fine.

RB8888

Established Member
Annual oil change here(3,000 miles) with Mobil 1 . I have sent the oil off for analysis the last two times, and have been informed that all looks excellent.

2 SLOW

Keepin' it real
Established Member
GM did a test with mobil 1 synthetic, they ran a corvette for 100,000 miles with the same oil and it didn't not show any more than normal engine wear then the one they changed every 3k miles.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
For peace of mind, I change every 3,000 miles with Mobil 1, which turns out to be about six months for my sometimes daily driver.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Damn, you guys need to take your garage queens out and drive them a little more. :-D

I changed my oil on March 25 and it's almost time to change it again. I think I've changed it 4 times in the last 6 months, I change it every 3000 miles.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
BLK03SVT10TH said:
Damn, you guys need to take your garage queens out and drive them a little more. :-D

I changed my oil on March 25 and it's almost time to change it again. I think I've changed it 4 times in the last 6 months, I change it every 3000 miles.
Some of us are blessed with short commutes on a daily driver (20 miles roundtrip) and it shares duty in the summer with my Harley (2000 DWG with only 17k miles).

TEABG

Banned
2 SLOW said:
GM did a test with mobil 1 synthetic, they ran a corvette for 100,000 miles with the same oil and it didn't not show any more than normal engine wear then the one they changed every 3k miles.

Would you try that with your own car ?

n0xlf

Established Member
I go for yearly, which is usually less than 3k miles...I think I need to take a few more road trips...

Users who are viewing this thread