Noisy Transmission w/ Pro 5.0 Shifter?

Lobo

Established Member
Hey guys!

I just put a Pro 5.0 Shifter in my '03 Cobra, drove around the block and noticed a very weird noise emitting from the transmission... it's kind of like a rattle and it shows only in first and second gear, especially below 1800 rpm. It's also loud enough to be annoying.

Would be funny if it was normal, since I got the Pro 5.0 because it was supposed to be quieter than the TriAx. :-D

Please feel free to enlighten me on the topic, especially those folks who got a Pro 5.0 themselves...

Thanks,

Dex

Last edited:

blk03coupe

Established Member
I have the tri-max and it sounds about like what you are describing with you 5.0, that is normal from what I've been told. Well good luck.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I have a tri-ax and it is extremely quiet in all gears the only time I have any noise is sometimes when I am out of gear. Did you use the factory rubber boots over the shifter and transmission tunnel? I met a guy last night that was cursing up a storm that the Steeda sucks and the noise was unbearably. He then told me Steeda removed all of the rubber boots. No wonder it is noisy they are needed to keep the noise out. Also you can try Cobra'03 rubber isolator fix which is use some durometer 60 shore A silicon rubber between the handle and shifter. I have all three on my tri-ax and no problems.

Reelman

Established Member
I've had my Pro 5.0 in for a week now, with absolutely no noise. Make sure that you have backed the stop bolts out one full turn and per the instructions, as the handle can rattle against these.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
hey reelman, how do you like the pro5.0? How easy is it to shift fast. Is it really smooth going from 1st to 2nd to 3rd.....ect. I can't decide if I should get the pro or go with steeda. I just want the smoothest one, its ticking me off how I can't decide on something this small!

Reelman

Established Member
I had the Triax on my 2000 GT vert and I think I prefer the 5.0. It definitely helps the 2-3 shift on the T56, but that wasn't a problem on the 5-speed. As an aside, they sent me the short shift lever, which doesn't work for my on-road style (seat all the way back. Make sure you specify which lever you want.

Users who are viewing this thread