Noise when turning

bighunt

Established Member
When I bought my car it had aftermarket 18's on it, and was also lowered quite a bit.
Whenever I turn the wheel completely in one direction I can hear some sort of rubbing, not sure what it is exactly- but I know that one time I took off the wheels the brakedust shield was bent slightly.

My question is- Would running a wheel spacer on the front stop this? And how big would I need to?

Thank y'all

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
A wheel spacer would probably make it worse. Just take the Brake dust shield off and see if it is that. If it isn't put it back on and just go roll the fenders, that could be it that you are hearing. I had that problem with my old Fox GT. I slammed it to the ground and my 16" Wheels where rubbing.

bighunt

Established Member
The wheel isn't makeing contact with the body. Checked that already.

Turned it on and turned it all the way to one side yesterday and as soon as it reaches the maximum amount of turn I can hear it make a noise... Almost like it's pinching something or making contact with something already moving...
This is at a dead stop

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
That would be either your rack & pinion or your power steering pump if you are at a dead stop. Does it do it all the time when sitting there or just when u turn it?

bighunt

Established Member
Not sure I understand what you mean exactly, but I think just when turning.

As in- it doesn't make the noise unless the wheel is pointed all the way, if it still has an inch or two of turn in the wheel, it won't make the noise.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
just have someone in the front of the car with the hood open and turn it to the point of the noise. Try to pin point it like that. Could be as simple as something it loose or not so simple like replacing the rack and pinion. That or take a video of it and post it up. It may be the pump but I wouldn't know for sure without seeing/hearing it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread