Noise from clutch pedal - heard under car. Not T.O.B related. [video]

Dark02Pony

Established Member
Ok so long and short of it, installed an exedy stage 2 clutch kit a few months ago and everything went smooth. I do get a little bit of chatter but nothing worth complaining about as I am sure it'll go away once I get a quadrant and firewall adjuster. The past few days however when I push the clutch all the way in it'll squeak, as if the pedal were a squeaky door..you can also hear this under the car. The noise is not there when letting the pedal back up and is only there once pressing the pedal more than half way. Adding to that, if I press the clutch very gradually and slow the sound will not be there, this however would not work while driving due to how slow it has to be. Anyways, here is the video. 2002 GT

[youtube_browser]993KBWoXD4s[/youtube_browser]

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
Ok so long and short of it, installed an exedy stage 2 clutch kit a few months ago and everything went smooth. I do get a little bit of chatter but nothing worth complaining about as I am sure it'll go away once I get a quadrant and firewall adjuster. The past few days however when I push the clutch all the way in it'll squeak, as if the pedal were a squeaky door..you can also hear this under the car. The noise is not there when letting the pedal back up and is only there once pressing the pedal more than half way. Adding to that, if I press the clutch very gradually and slow the sound will not be there, this however would not work while driving due to how slow it has to be. Anyways, here is the video. 2002 GT

[youtube_browser]993KBWoXD4s[/youtube_browser]

EXACT same thing is going on with my car right now. I bought a new clutch assembly with a fire wall adjuster. It is being installed on Wednesday. When I push my pedal in, it sounds like a creeky door. That is exactly how I described it to my mechanic. He greased it up and it stopped for a few weeks. It has started doing it all over again. The new pedal should just correct the entire problem.

Also, my clutch pedal has a pretty good bit of play at the top of it. When I am driving down the road, it vibrates like crazy. The firewall adjuster should take care of that.

If I were you, just look into upgrading the whole assembly and getting a firewall adjuster. I have been seeing them on here a lot lately.

EDIT: Just re-read and saw where you had said you are going to just upgrade and get a firewall adjuster. Good haha.

Last edited:

Dark02Pony

Established Member
EXACT same thing is going on with my car right now. I bought a new clutch assembly with a fire wall adjuster. It is being installed on Wednesday. When I push my pedal in, it sounds like a creeky door. That is exactly how I described it to my mechanic. He greased it up and it stopped for a few weeks. It has started doing it all over again. The new pedal should just correct the entire problem.

Also, my clutch pedal has a pretty good bit of play at the top of it. When I am driving down the road, it vibrates like crazy. The firewall adjuster should take care of that.

If I were you, just look into upgrading the whole assembly and getting a firewall adjuster. I have been seeing them on here a lot lately.

EDIT: Just re-read and saw where you had said you are going to just upgrade and get a firewall adjuster. Good haha.

thanks man, glad to see im not alone in having this problem haha. I'll definitely look into replacing the pedal the same time I do the quadrant and firewall adjuster..may as well do it all at once! Let me know how the firewall adjuster works out for you! :thumbsup:

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
thanks man, glad to see im not alone in having this problem haha. I'll definitely look into replacing the pedal the same time I do the quadrant and firewall adjuster..may as well do it all at once! Let me know how the firewall adjuster works out for you! :thumbsup:

Will do! I'm leaving my car Tuesday night and picking it up around 4 on Wednesday. I'll be sure to update this thread. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread