Noise from Bellhousing area HELP

TT_99Cobra

Established Member
Hey guys, I am at my whits end with this noise and hoping some new sets of ears can help. This has been going on for over a year and nothing I do changes it. This is on a 4.6 DOHC twin turbo with a TH400 behind it.

-New flexplate properly torqued with ARP bolts
-Flushed and replaced transmission oil with new filter. No metal in oil or in pan.
-Shimmed converter 3 different ways with no change in sound.
-New starter and is not contacting flexplate
-Bellhousing bolts are tight
-No cats so nothing loose in exhaust
-Engine oil changed and cut filter apart. No metal.

This noise doesn’t start until the car is at about 120 degrees and you cannot hear it from under the hood. Loudest under the car on the driver side.

Seems like two different noises. The clinging sound seems to go away when in gear. Bad converter? The ticking noise is there in all gears but seems to go away above idle. No idea what this would be.

Car runs very strong. Used my kids YouTube account to upload a video. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:

FIREBALL

Established Member
Cant tell anything from your description or recording but being it seems to be related to when the engine warms/heats up, My guess would be exhaust----cracked header or loose header bolt or bad header to exhaust pipe connection. Having no Cats doesnt exclude the exhaust from being the problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread