Noise coming through speakers

SLOWNED

Established Member
Whats going on with my cobra?! This morning when i started my car i heard this crazy screech come through my speakers. It scared the hell out of me and i have no idea how it happened. The noise is almost a consistent screech and pop, or like a combination of the two. I tried to rev it a little and see if it was consistent with the engine RPMs but it wasn't. It was just a steady screech and pop. Also, i noticed that there is almost no bass coming from my rear speakers. I drove the car all day yesterday and it was perfectly fine.

Now...I have had this happen to me only once before. It was pouring rain when it happened but it went away the next day. So im not sure if it matters, but it DID rain all night last night and the car was parked outside...so could it be a coincidence that both times it was raining? Or do you guys think water could be getting in somewhere and causing a short? If it matters, my car has an aftermarket double din stereo hooked up to the stock Mach 460 system.

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
ghost_adventure.jpg

SLOWNED

Established Member
I did a search but came up with nothing...nothing useful at least. I read through threads from others who had similar problems, but nothing that seems related to mine.

Users who are viewing this thread