Noise after Cal speedway track day

Blind

Established Member
Not really sure where to put this, just looking for ideas of what areas to check.

basically I have an `03 IRS in my car, and it's hard to tell where the sound is coming from but now on the freeway when making a slight right turn, and when pulling into my driveway very slowly, I can hear/feel a very low pitched moaning/rumble. It reminds me very much of how it sounds when my front 275's rub at full lock.

On the freeway if I hold the brakes while making a right turn when it's making the sound, it goes away.

The parking brake doesn't drag and feels normal when I pull it, and it holds the car (and slows/stops the car if I use it rather than the normal brakes to slow down).

I was taking the banked (left turn) corner at ~125mph, and it's a pretty high speed track otherwise, mostly 3rd/4th gear.

I replaced the front brake pads and had the front rotors turned/pressure bleed the fluid with my motive bleeder already. I checked the rear pads and they all had ~5mm of material. I definitely got the brakes hot at the track day though, I completely used up the front pads down to the metal.

Could this be a noise from the diff? Change the fluid? Or should I re-torque the axle nuts? Or I just glazed the rear brake pads and when turning they rub a bit now?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread