Noble death: CJ 5.0 vs stock 14 gt500 and more termi swapped2.3 fox+++

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So at last nights car meet I came across a beautiful, brand new 14 Shelby. The owner was looking for runs so figured it was time to see just how bad a newer gt500 would pull my car. I was really taken back by the results ass was everyone else. From 45-135 he only managed to put just about a car on me to the top of my 4th. I would've liked to start start a tad higher for those 2nd gear runs but the Shelby would've really been blowing the tires off (I was still sliding through third on most of my runs too) mt street ii's might be on deck for that immediate hook and taller tire for those tricky 17s

I was by myself, Shelby had passenger to give me a chance

My friends new terminator 2.3 whippeled swapped fox is stunning but looked to be running way slower than it should for a high 500whp fox. He got rid of his 04 cobra for this one. The engine sits a little high I guess and since he switch to a big pulley soon after buying it, it was pinning up against his roof. He said he cut a little more of the hood to giv it room but I think it still needs more, that or something else is up here
Enjoy :pop:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V3g7kQWKRCg

[youtube_browser]V3g7kQWKRCg[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Damn you did pretty good, there used to be a ton of doubters here that didnt think a full bolton 5.0 can keep up with stock gt500 from a dig, this is from a ROLL!!!! butbutbutbutbutbutbut

Thank you for this video.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Not surprising at all, just another example of how hard this combo runs. Leaving some on the table w/o the SCJ monoblade too! nice runs!

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Nice running car.

What happened to your first motor causing you to buy a built a one?

Damn you did pretty good, there used to be a ton of doubters here that didnt think a full bolton 5.0 can keep up with stock gt500 from a dig, this is from a ROLL!!!! butbutbutbutbutbutbut

Thank you for this video.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Not surprising at all, just another example of how hard this combo runs. Leaving some on the table w/o the SCJ monoblade too! nice runs!
I don't know how good pypes LT are compared to Kooks or ARH headers.

Max effort on these cars would be OP's setup swapped with a single blade and NA cams/ported CJ intake, should be good for 500+rwhp right?

Should have went with a blower op :poke: :beer:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member

Max effort on these cars would be OP's setup swapped with a single blade and NA cams/ported CJ intake, should be good for 500+rwhp right?

I would sure hope that a built motor, cams, and an intake would be good for close to 500 HP. That is a ton of money. A blower would be cheaper I would think.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
If the 5.0 driver hits gears like Cory, it could be a different outcome. He drops half a car or so on each gear change. Hell of run either way though :beer:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member

well max effort would be a little bit more involved. 550-575 would be possible if you figured for EWP and FTW with cams/ported heads.

OP's car should see close to 500 on cams alone.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I would sure hope that a built motor, cams, and an intake would be good for close to 500 HP. That is a ton of money. A blower would be cheaper I would think.

A base paxton setup would cost about as much as E85 CJ/Heads/Cams 5.0, they both will need supporting mods. don't know why OP has a built motor maybe for future plans. Built motor really does nothing for the power capabilities from an NA perspective. However, a properly setup NA car is going to have a far better curve than a blower car, while being lighter and more easily predictable from a traction perspective. It's really all about what you want. You can come within 30-40 whp of pushing the limits of the rods in these cars staying NA.

Throwing a blower on gives you far more capability than you could ever put to use on a stock long block. 1/2 the people that throw a blower on their car aren't getting and never will get the full HP/Dollar out of it. If you want to be close to 600 and never have to worry about throwing a rod and never plan on building the motor for a 800+ WHP build. To me a NA build is perfect, that's just my opinion. Perhaps I'm biased because that's the route I'm taking.

Last edited:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Cool vid, now wait til the shelby does a few bolt ons. :-D

Then the coyote does a cam swap and ported heads with some rotational weight savings and he'll most likely still be right with the shelby.

Now once shelby does a Whipple Crusher it's all over ;)

Users who are viewing this thread