No SVT Focus Has Ever Come Stock Supercharged, Right?

Jack The Ripper

My mother seems to think her 2004 Focus SVT 4door came stock Supercharged, and says SOHC stands for Supercharged Over Head Cam lmfao.

Can someone (nicely please too, i might add) That the 2004 Focus SVT is NOT Supercharged?

Thanks

SupaNOVA

Is Not Amused.
Established Member
My mother seems to think her 2004 Focus SVT 4door came stock Supercharged, and says SOHC stands for Supercharged Over Head Cam lmfao.

Can someone (nicely please too, i might add) That the 2004 Focus SVT is NOT Supercharged?

Thanks

That makes no sense anyways, its DOHC

CT SVT

Established Member
the Jackson racing supercharger were at some dealerships install on new SVTF. but that's a Ford Racing part installed by the dealer. no U.S. focus came boosted from factory.
SOHC= single over head cam.

Tarball

Established Member
SOHC = NOT a SVT

There was a dealership my way that you could buy a brand new SVT with a FR SC already on it, the same dealership was selling a few regular(non ROUSH) Foci with the ROUSH turbo already on it

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That makes no sense anyways, its DOHC

Diesel Over Head Cam

Don't you know? That is why all of the 4v engines make the huge powaaa! It is that huge Diesel cam that they gave us.

jasonpalamar

Established Member
+1 on everyone else. No FI Focus in the US. Some dealers had an option to install some blowers but not a factory option. Also the SVTf was DOHC not a single.

Stevarino8

Established Member
Nope, but the earlier post had it right, the Jackson Supercharger is a dealer add on. The supercharger is part of available Ford Racing's inventory.

fiveohwblow

Established Member
Yes and no. The one on Ford Racing is for the normal ztec and not the svt. Problem was the JRSC that is on FR website barely flows well enough to supply the engine. Notice its gains of only 35 HP. Not worth in IMHO, I would go Vortech.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Yes and no. The one on Ford Racing is for the normal ztec and not the svt. Problem was the JRSC that is on FR website barely flows well enough to supply the engine. Notice its gains of only 35 HP. Not worth in IMHO, I would go Vortech.

Actually FRPP used to have a JRSC for the SVT but they're now discontinued.

The JRSC with the Big boost kit was good for around 220 whp which is certainly a worthwhile improvement, trust me I've ridden in one.

I do know of at least one JRSC SVT that makes 245 whp but he runs a water meth setup with it.

Of course the Powerworks was good for around 245 and the Procharger would go even higher but they're all discontinued now.

Turbo kits are about all thats left except for the occasional used kit that turns up now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread