No reverse

MouTine

Established Member
What would be the problem? All forward gears works just fine, but not reverse. I could move the stick to reverse, but I couldn't feel that "connecting click" tru shifter. And when I let clutch up it grinds. Help? Any suggestion?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Maybe your syncros. My old t-45, did that just before it took a nap. I had the same problem with 2nd gear. Then shortly after 4th. Then right after reverse.

MouTine

Established Member
I don't think so. Tranny is built with new bearings and Hanlon syncros last winter by local Mustag specialized shop. I have to call them tomorrow and ask what they think.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Mine locked me out. I put in a new clutch. Try to roll just a little bit and it might fall into gear. Thats how mine is, I gotta be moving just a bit and it'll go into/ out of gear. It's the synchros.

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
Yea, that same thing happened to me with my old 97 cobra. Reverse went out and the rest of the tranny soon followed. Luckily, my buddy had a spare T-45. lol

mystical

Established Member
Reverse can be a pita to engage since it's not synchronized. Your clutch might need adjusting.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I assume you tried rolling the car forward/backward a c hair to try and get it into R?

Yiuy sure your cable isn't stretched and adjusted properly? have you messed with anything related to it lately?

MouTine

Established Member
I installed brand new OEM clutch assy same time when tranny was rebuilt. Anyways... I drove car (56mls) to the shop who made rebuilt and left it there. They going to call me back when they know what's wrong.

98diablo

Established Member
just a thought... the easiest thing to look at and to rule out is the little thimble looking cap that goes on the end of your shifter. if that is damaged reverse will be difficult to engage and so will fifth. itll take half an hour to look at and a good thing to rule out. even a little crack in it would cause that.

03cobra5485

Established Member
looks like you're gonna need to buy a new set of nikes, and get your left foot ready.

MouTine

Established Member
I have no idea what happened. I had been verry gentle when shifting since rebuilt. And why the hell reverse? It would make more sense if it's second or 3rd broken.

Users who are viewing this thread