No rear wheel spats on the Boss?

Grant808

Established Member
I noticed on the underbody shots that the plastic rear wheel spats aren't on our cars. I'm guessing because of the side pipes running right over the same locations.

Do you think they weren't worth making in metal for the Bosses? Or do the side pipes accomplish the same aero/deflective benefit just by being there? Everything on the Boss seems so 'on purpose' that the decision must have been made to deem them not worth the effort...

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Mine had them and I removed them. They are right behind the side pipe opening and will melt under track conditions.

Grant808

Established Member
Mine had them and I removed them. They are right behind the side pipe opening and will melt under track conditions.

Thanks. Now I see where they put them. And I think you're right...they probably shouldn't even be there for daily driving. :shrug: Definitely taking them off for the track. Maybe a replacement aluminum spat to bolt to the original non-Boss locations would work...going over the side pipes.

cloud9

Established Member
I melted mine on the track before they came out with the revision to the supplement telling you to remove them for track use :lol: I didn't bother getting replacements or putting them back on for the street. I was told by someone at Ford they were there just to meet an MPG target.

Users who are viewing this thread