No racing for me for a while....

silverbullet01

Established Member
Last week, I went to our 1/8 mi. track and hoping to put down some good times. My first two runs were ok, according to my car's standards. The final and last run, I decided to manually shift the car, being an automatic. When the third yellow went up, I hit the gas w/ the giggle gas going as well. It launched hard to the right and I got the car under control. When I went to make my right hand turn to the return road, my car made a very loud clunking noise. Well, to say the least, it blew the spider gear into shrapnel. I got it fixed by my awesome mechanic and now back on the road. No hard nitrous launches for me for a while. Just had to vent guys. Have a merry christmas and happy new year. :beer: :beer:

Bullet

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
Never broke my rearend before but I have sheered off all the lugs on my right rear. Nothing like having your tire get a better 60' time then your car does...

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Yeah I'm not racing anytime soon either. My car is in the shop..and I'm hoping the problem is the clutch and not the transmission. At least I do have a built rear-end.
Merry Xmas and Happy New Years :beer:

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Bel-Dooch said:
Never broke my rearend before but I have sheered off all the lugs on my right rear. Nothing like having your tire get a better 60' time then your car does...

Sounds like what happened to me and my dad when we were trailoring his boat down to North Carolina for the boat drags. Right wheel on the trailer sheered off all the threads on all four studs and passed the truck doin about 70. We unhooked the boat and drove about 15 miles back to a NAPA and bought lugs and studs and changed em right on the side of the road. Glad to hear you got your car fixed Bullet, nothin worse than bein without your baby.

Users who are viewing this thread