No oil pressure

CrazyPerson

Established Member
So i just put the engine back together and when i turn it over im not getting any oil pressure at all. I turned it over for about 30 seconds and even the oil filter didnt get any oil into it....any ideas? i dont want to keep turning it over for a long time and lose all the oil at the bearings right now.

is there any tricks to priming the oiling system? everyone was put together with factory torque specs.

'

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Correct, for those reading the thread a modular will not produce enough RPM on the starter to produce oil pressure. If the engine is assembled with a high quality pre lube priming is not required (in fact it will in most cases flush out the assembly lube which is better for the intial start)

MMR

racecougar

MN12 parts guy
Established Member
is there any tricks to priming the oiling system? everyone was put together with factory torque specs.

The oil pump should have been packed before it was installed, but I'm going to guess that wasn't done.

after searching through the forums which i should have done to start. I am going to try the way someone mentioned with using the bug sprayer.

Yes, a homemade bug sprayer primer will work.

oilprimer.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread