No Offroad Warranty***

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
it doesn't come with an off road warranty?
well no shit!

tire issue aside, you are seriously naive if you actually thought that ford would cover any kind of damage what so ever that was a result of off-roading. You don't think jeep has an "off road warranty" do you? Or hummer?

And no, ford has never said that there is any sort of "offroad warranty". They aren't that stupid.

+100

divided

Established Member

+101. I think you are expecting too much OP. They clearly stated their side and you saying you drove through 'gravel' makes it hard to determine where the problem occured. Why are they to assume that gravel is not 'off road' I know it sucks but I dont think this is SVT dropping the ball on anything IMO.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Why build anything for a specific purpose and not expect it to be used for it's intended design? Seems a bit shady to market something a certain way (pictures, videos, performance claims, etc) and not back it up. If you don't want someone to jump the truck, don't plaster pictures all over showing it getting air. Don't claim it can go 100 in 4wd and not expect someone to try it.

This goes for anything, not just this example.

divided

Established Member
Why build anything for a specific purpose and not expect it to be used for it's intended design? Seems a bit shady to market something a certain way (pictures, videos, performance claims, etc) and not back it up. If you don't want someone to jump the truck, don't plaster pictures all over showing it getting air. Don't claim it can go 100 in 4wd and not expect someone to try it.

True. It sucks but pretty much every company does something similar. It's business. Same thing when people complain about blowing engines and stuff on the track with their 'track' cars. I don't agree with it at all, but understand it happens and try to avoid putting myself in those grey situations.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member

i would agree with you if hummer and jeep had already had some sort of "offroad warranty" before ford even got into the game(c'mon, as if the FX4 package really counted). if they have had this attitude for the past decade - and longer - then i'm not sure why ford deserves to get shit on because they have the same attitude.

besides, having some sort of "offroad warranty" could potential open them up to liability issues.

jesse101

Established Member

This is my point exactly, I don't see Jeep, Hummer, toyota advertising their vehicles in the same fashion.

But this is why I wanted to post such information, my bad for not knowing its not covered while offroading. I just saw a certain individual get his entire real axle replaced while in the desert OFO, and they didn't charge him a dime. So yes, I had the misconception that these vehicles are covered for their intended use, I didn't think it was Naïve at all.

As long as potential buyers know and current owners, that's what should matter. Cause I would hate to see this happen to anybody, as this was not cool all from the service and shady warranty clauses.

Maybe you missed it, but BFG in fact DID DEEM THIS TIRE TO BE FAULTY, no fault to the customer, I am working my issues through sears automotive...

So yes, BAD on SVT and FORD for not supporting the customer, as they were in the position to make a logical conclusion, as they are an authorized BFG dealer.

So maybe you guys should put the fan boyism to the side for a minute and look at what's going on.

By all means go offroading, take that chance to use what your vehicle was made for, but you are 100 percent liable for anything on that vehicle, they won't cover a dime unless you swindle something on the side.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
True. It sucks but pretty much every company does something similar. It's business. Same thing when people complain about blowing engines and stuff on the track with their 'track' cars. I don't agree with it at all, but understand it happens and try to avoid putting myself in those grey situations.

i would agree with you if hummer and jeep had already had some sort of "offroad warranty" before ford even got into the game(c'mon, as if the FX4 package really counted). if they have had this attitude for the past decade - and longer - then i'm not sure why ford deserves to get shit on because they have the same attitude.

besides, having some sort of "offroad warranty" could potential open them up to liability issues.

+1

It's just more and more comapnies market their products a certain way, to boost sales and make lots of $$$$$$, but are not willing to back it up when someone trys to do what they advertise in their pictures. The legal departments simply waive their magic pens to absolve them of any real responsibility.

It's a real "grey" area for sure.

Last edited:

jesse101

Established Member
Ford screwed up, as this was a safety concern, and now its officially documented as such showing no fault to the customer. You should check the weather out here, its really bad right now, and I'm just glad I saw it when I did.

jesse101

Established Member
Now I need to drive more south and try to find a better dealership to get my tranny issues resolved, as SVT mentioned, "if your offroading, you can and will be held liable"

Hopefully ford doesn't keep taking their advice, as if I was a real asshole, I could very much so sue their ass's over this stupid tire.

I just want everything done right and I'm done offroading with this truck and will sell it once I pay most of it off.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I believe Chevy stands behind Z06's if they fail driven on a racecourse?

SVT has made some pretty bold statements about this vehicle. It should be able to handle some abuse without falling apart. I see how svt shouldn't warranty body panels for damage, but if a shock fails while he is off-roading in a purpose built "off-road" vehicle and there are no signs that it was damaged by a rock or tree then that part should be covered. To blanketly state that if you go off-road and something fails then it's not covered is BS.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

SVT has made some pretty bold statements about this vehicle. It should be able to handle some abuse without falling apart. I see how svt shouldn't warranty body panels for damage, but if a shock fails while he is off-roading in a purpose built "off-road" vehicle and there are no signs that it was damaged by a rock or tree then that part should be covered. To blanketly state that if you go off-road and something fails then it's not covered is BS.

The Z06 "racing" warranty is very limited, but you do get one. You're basically at the mercy of one of the corporate suits.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
This is my point exactly, I don't see Jeep, Hummer, toyota advertising their vehicles in the same fashion.

But this is why I wanted to post such information, my bad for not knowing its not covered while offroading. I just saw a certain individual get his entire real axle replaced while in the desert OFO, and they didn't charge him a dime. So yes, I had the misconception that these vehicles are covered for their intended use, I didn't think it was Naïve at all.

As long as potential buyers know and current owners, that's what should matter. Cause I would hate to see this happen to anybody, as this was not cool all from the service and shady warranty clauses.

[irrelevent stuff deleted]​

By all means go offroading, take that chance to use what your vehicle was made for, but you are 100 percent liable for anything on that vehicle, they won't cover a dime unless you swindle something on the side.
if you haven't seen jeeps and hummers being advertised as offroad capable, then your ****ing blind. hell, jeeps motto is 'trail rated', i don't think it gets much more obvious than that.

either that dudes axle had a manufacturing problem, or he has a REALLY lenient/is friends with the dealer.
i can reassure you, it was naive.

nothing shady going on at all. maybe you should have read the warranty before hand or something, ford certainly isn't doing anything illegal.

now your getting it! just like with a jeep wrangler rubicon in the rocks of moab, or a GT500 at laguna seca, or a hummer H3 alpha at glamis, any damage is YOUR responsibility.
Totally agree. Just pointing out that companies in general market their products a certain way, but really don't intend them to be used in that manner.

It's a real "grey" area for sure.
in that case, i completely agree. it's a shame that it works like this, but no one ever said life was fair.

jesse101

Established Member
I didnt even see Glamis nor did i come to anything close! thats something wayyy out there, something i couldnt come close to even if i wanted to.

Your set in your ways, and unless it happens to you, you could care less. thats fine, i dont know you, nor would i care to.

point is this, there was an actual problem with said tire, Ford and SVT failed to recognize that problem, BFG identified the problem, and is taking care of it.

you are totally missing the point, for whatever reason i dont know...if they so called tested the vehicle at anza borrego for 2000 miles straight, why on earth couldnt they cover me for something that was done at a fraction? not even, drove for less than a mile on gravel roads LMAO man if the raptor cant do that, we got problems

also, a good friend of mine does own a rubicon, has been offroading for 4 years...one of his shocks did go out, Jeep replaced it at no cost...

another friend owns a toyota FJ...had problems with his transmission, they fixed it. he even did slight mods to his FJ and all was good.

that "guy" who got his axle replaced out at Anza Borrego was out with 8 other raptor drivers, they simply brought it to the nearest dealership and was taken care of, as he should!

when they called Ford, they said thats what the vehicle was intended for and they want to know how it exactly happened so they can try and address the issue. its on raptor forumz, they had a long ass thread on it....and sure nuff, he was taken care of in less than a week.

but if i was in fact ripping it up at the dunes, i would be in fact hesitant to even take it in...but i wasnt!

and check this out, i called SVT about my tranny last month....they told me it should be taken care of..and for me to please let them know of what they find. I then told them how i dont trust any dealership to look at it because they have absolutely no clue, and they seem to understand at that time as well. but i still took it in so it can be on record

but yesterday, it was totally different and man, they flipped the script in a matter of days.

they wont and cant stand behind their product for whatever reason, thats cool, but maybe they need to CLEARLY state that to the public, as just about every Raptor owner i have met, they have that theory instilled thinking they can go offroading and wont be held liable if they do get a mechanical breakdown.

now its more like they will prove anything to ensure the customer is held liable. sucks thats all...

and hopefully current and future owners do know this, and again, my apologies for not knowing, and believing SVT engineers and videos and watching Gene tear it up at auto barret jackson auctions accross the states, show clips of it doing 100MPH in the desert with the rear locker engaged...

come on man, they have been boasting about this truck for the past year, thing sold like wild fire because of it, and now your saying im the dumb ass cause i brought into it and shame on me for taking it offroad. again Muy Bad LOL

Last edited:

jesse101

Established Member
also, if ford felt i was at fault for the damaged tire, what they should have done was see if anything else related to that bad tire before they assumed i did it intentionally.

they did no other inspections and just wanted me to buy a new one.

sure, that sure does look like they cared about the customer...how do they know an alignment is off? and if they did in fact think it was due to offroading, not just the tire should be damaged, did they take that into consideration? did SVT even mention that? of course not, their main concern was how they can get away from paying for that tire or any other repairs, my safety, or my vehicle was not even taken into consideration.

what did i purchase a ford focus or an SVT? sure as hell dont feel like i purchased an SVT vehicle, hell my Lariat was treated better Lmao

Last edited:

jesse101

Established Member

i 100% agree totally.

in fact when i got a dent on my tailgate, i didnt even think about how it could be under warranty, thats totally my fault, and i would never consider bringing it in, so instead, i changed it out for a tiregate.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I still dont understand how bfg is not stepping up. They built this tire specifically for this truck, an high speed off road truck! Why cant this tire hold up on a offroad trail running at a moderate pace? The question that they need to answer is if there is something wrong with that tire or if it was pure luck some rock/shrapnel tore into it.

I caught a sharp rock through my truck tire once running 40mph on a dirt road. Had to replace the tire, because the rock sliced the tire.

steeltoe

Established Member
Tires are not Ford/SVT area. That is BFG just got to a local tire shop and have it changed. BFG told you to take it to a BFG dealer not a Ford dealer.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
sucks. wonder if your truck and VIN are gonna be black listed for "the guy who goes offroading" if you ever need warranty work again.

jesse101

Established Member
That's my point Willie, that's the whole reason why I went on here and posted what I did. If anybody wants to buy this truck, or has one, if they think about bringing it in for warranty work, they need to be aware of the fact that its no different than your normal F1-150. Say you never saw dirt in your life LOL

BFG does consider Ford to be an authorized dealer. Ford/SVT can determine if the tire was at fault or not...

And here is an update with my tranny...SVT gave me a TSB...well the TSB was for a grand marquis tranny, not even close to a Raptor tranny!!! This was from SVT man, that's crazy!

Something happened at SVT, I have absolutely no clue as to what happened, but whatever it is, its shady!!!!!

Again, Buyers beware!

BFG will cover this tire, its a shame Ford didn't want to make that call. And who knows what they put in the system LOL Thanks SVT, you guys are definately stepping up your game, whatever it is I don't know, but I'm scared as all hell to even see dirt with this thing

Users who are viewing this thread