No more rear inlet Whipples for the Coyote?

scholle

Established Member
The Whipple website does not currently show a supercharger *system* for the 11-14's. My guess is that the front inlet platform for the 15's will replace it. Even if thats not the case I'm pretty sure that fitting one on an earlier model isn't a huge task.
I am looking forward to seeing to see the results of the updates.

Updated : The Whipple website now has front inlet systems listed with a planned date to ship in Feb.
https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=294

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
That's kinda Fugly... Looks too much like a Magnacharger. Just sayin'

Yep

The selling point for me with the Roush was how it looked like an old school blower. The Vortechs on the foxs mustangs looked fine but I don't like the look of them on the coyotes. I skipped over the magnacharger also by the way it looked and would do the same with the new whipple. If your looking performance only then it shouldn't matter but I wasn't

scholle

Established Member
I like the new Whipple but not so sure about some of those colors. Black or polished would be my choices. I've wondered why the prior front inlet PD superchargers ran the driveshaft through the inlet. The magnuson didnt look "right" because the the input shaft placement and small looking inlet, however earlier models looked ok MG0707A.jpg
The edelbrock well...

I think Whipple may be moving toward all front inlets where they can. At a minimum it saves production costs. Personally I believe the new version will be more efficient. They also seem to have taken advantage of wasted space in the engine valley for the intercooler size increase. Not sure why the 11-14 cost $200 more than the model for the 15's or what the differences are in the kits. I didnt see a the optoinal fan kit listed either.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Perhaps the 15' model required a front inlet design due to space restriction. They replaced the old 11-14' kit with the new to save on production costs, or less part numbers in stock. When you have a single blower to fit more models, the price will decrease.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
The front inlet design is significantly more efficient than the higher radius bend of a rear inlet. With PD blowers, you want as much of a straight shot feeding the rotors as possible(whether that's from the front, rear or top) for maximum efficiency. Even in turbo system plumbing, you want the minimum amount of bends possible. The tighter the bend, the more it will kill flow. They didn't spend all that time and $$ on R&D to change the design for the hell of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread