No more pop/clunk from my rear end

Robb03

Established Member
Since I have saw quite a few people talking about a rear end noise over uneven surfaces, I wanted to share the resolution to my problem. As some of you already know, my car spent over four weeks with ford trying to fix this problem, and in the end they called the regional service engineer to fix the problem.

This is what they did verbatum from my invoice:
"Popping noise from rear suspension.
Rd test to verify with FSE. Remove all rear interior trim and backseats. Remove all trim in trunk. Abnormal diag with chassis ears. Remove rear swaybar and links. Inspect rear subframe for damage welds. Incomplete and weak. Replace Rear subframe include trim r-r rear brakes upper and lower control arms and axles. remove rear diff time to blend brakes and reinstall all seat"

I hope this helps with what might be the problem. I don't know what some of that is, but hopefully the more mechanically inclined it will help. What does the r-r mean? I didn't get that.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
I have always understood R&R to be "removal and replacement".

That was pretty drastic what they did to diagnose the problem...basically they removed the entire interior from the front seats back. I'm going to inspect the subframe in my car when I get it out of R&R...uhhh..."rest and relaxation". ;-)

my03svtcobra

Established Member
What does the r-r mean? I didn't get that. [/B][/QUOTE]
RIP OUT REPLACE:lol: J/K
remove and replace

MarkWanc

Established Member
Generally it means 'ripout and ruin' when it comes to most of the hackers out there, Sorry, but I just dont let anyone touch my car, not even the ford mechanics....just a bunch of animals that end up doing more damage than anything else.

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Robb03
Since I have saw quite a few people talking about a rear end noise over uneven surfaces, I wanted to share the resolution to my problem. As some of you already know, my car spent over four weeks with ford trying to fix this problem, and in the end they called the regional service engineer to fix the problem.

This is what they did verbatum from my invoice:
"Popping noise from rear suspension.
Rd test to verify with FSE. Remove all rear interior trim and backseats. Remove all trim in trunk. Abnormal diag with chassis ears. Remove rear swaybar and links. Inspect rear subframe for damage welds. Incomplete and weak. Replace Rear subframe include trim r-r rear brakes upper and lower control arms and axles. remove rear diff time to blend brakes and reinstall all seat"

I hope this helps with what might be the problem. I don't know what some of that is, but hopefully the more mechanically inclined it will help. What does the r-r mean? I didn't get that.

Reads to me like they did all that work and they still don't have a clue if they fixed it. I hope it works for you.

Robb03

Established Member
They said when I came in for the car they were going to show me the part that had the "stress fractures" in it. I didn't like taking my car there, and it did come back dirty ass hell with some new scratches, but least I know I won't be dead because I lost my rear end while doing a high speed corner because of mechanical problems.

Users who are viewing this thread